• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music and TV

Globuli

Hi everybody,

I am reading this forum since a few days and I am so lucky to have found it.

I bought a Sennheiser HD650 few weeks ago and really got back into music listening again.
For the headphones I am currently using:
"WiiM Mini Streamer (Spotify Connect)" -> "Topping E30 via Toskink" -> "Schiit Valhalla 2" - "HD650"
I know that the tube amp is a discussion on its own, but I really like the look and feel and the emotional part of it ;)

However, I am now thinking to update my Amp + Speaker Setup in my living room.

Because, there is also the TV, my current setup is:
- Yamaha RX-V3900 AV-Receiver
- Infinity Reference 61i Speaker, combined with a center speaker out of the same series and two Canton GLE-10 as rear speakers (5.0 setup - no sub)
- For music also a WiiM Mini connected by Toslink to the AV-Receiver

The Infinity are quite old, I bought them as a teenager in the 90th ;)

After reading the reviews about the AV-Receivers here, I am wondering about the quality of the AV-Receivers for playing stereo music.
Is there any upgrade on the Yamaha that makes sense from a stereo music perspective?
Would it make sense to invest in new speakers and then run them "rather poor" with an AV-Recevier?

How do you combine good stereo music with mutli-channel TV?

Cheers!

Top Bottom