• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music album that have affected you the most

Soundstage

Compared to the hypothetical desert island album question or all time favorite, the question of what you want to listen when you know your days are counted is more down to earth and narrows down the choice.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Definitely some interesting passages, but I think I either don't "get it" or it's not my cup of tea. Probably doesn't help that I don't do drugs. I think I'll stay with lightweight stuff like Mr. Bungle, Stravinsky or Debussy.
index.php

You could rotate that chart 180 degrees and I would be happy. The Tibetan throat singing at the bottom has always offended me. Besides that there are no entries for OI or hardcore punk. All comments in fun BTW.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As I die I'll want to go to an all but unbearably loud replay of Mozart's Requiem.
I suppose a good recording will do, but if you can convince an orchestra and choir to show up and play, that would be even better.

Once I had to do one of those "Proust questionnaires" for a PR campaign. One question was, "How do you want to die?" I answered, "Listening to music, high as a kite. Which I intend to make a statistical certainty."

I'll choose this...

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, Iggy Pop "I Got A Right" was my first big stoner album and that was a looooong time ago. But I still listen to it at least once a month so that's something. Otherwise,

Lou Reed is King.

oldsysop

El Noi del Sucre - Rapsodia Libertaria

Last edited:

TLEDDY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As I die I'll want to go to an all but unbearably loud replay of Mozart's Requiem.

I suppose a good recording will do, but if you can convince an orchestra and choir to show up and play, that would be even better.

Swan Lake... then pass on.

Pegwill

Hi

Just came across this thread and was about to comment but before I did so I thought I’d have a read and yes I All ready had and I would have suggested the same album , Alan Bown - Outward Bown - hows that for consistency.

Here’s All Along The Watchtower

Regards

William

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
Anne Clark - Trilogy (actually a sort of best of I found out many years later).

Haunting electro new wave post (or pre?) apocalyptic depressing music. Such basic drum patterns and 80s synths, just love it.

Sleeper in Metropolis:

Poem for a nuclear romance:

Poets Turmoil No. 364:

Short stories:

1624559667244.jpeg

spacevector

Forum Donor
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.
The first non-jazz or classical work to earn a Pulitzer Prize for Music. This created a bit of a controversy.
From https://www.pulitzer.org/winners/kendrick-lamar:
Recording released on April 14, 2017, a virtuosic song collection unified by its vernacular authenticity and rhythmic dynamism that offers affecting vignettes capturing the complexity of modern African-American life.
1624560346405.png

Top Bottom