• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 202 82.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Oh man, I guess I am. Unintentionally I promise. New to this site and posted after reading (in disbelief) for a few minutes. I’m genuinely shocked that so many (audiophiles?) can’t actually hear differences between DACs.
We have a couple of ‘audiophiles’ here for balance.
Keith

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Oh man, I guess I am. Unintentionally I promise. New to this site and posted after reading (in disbelief) for a few minutes. I’m genuinely shocked that so many (audiophiles?) can’t actually hear differences between DACs.

Those who buy based on stories will almost always hear a difference.

Those who understand the measurements are genuinely shocked when folks confidently claim night and day differences between signals that would vary by 1mm if they were enlarged to be 1km high.

The thread you were referred to will fill in more blanks.

AdrianusG

Probably because only 1/20.000.000 (or thereabouts) are gifted that way, just be happy you happen to be one of them then i guess;)

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I must say, after reading all this nonsense I feel a little sorry for you lot who don’t have the gift of being able to easily hear differences in sonic character between dacs. It’s a simple case of the haves and the have nots I guess.
I'm just glad that others chimed in before I got a chance. But I nearly fell off my chair laughing so hard reading your response.

The go-to audiophool lines (you chose item 2):

1) "Your system is not resolving enough to hear any difference that a [cable/DAC/amp] makes."
First ask yourself, what exactly is "resolving" and who/what determines if an equipment is resolving or not? Is it the price tag? Is it the brand reputation? Is it a subjective opinion by yourself or others like reviewers? Or is it objective and repeatable benchmark/exercise/experiment?

2) "You just don't have golden ears to tell the difference." The disguised insult version: "Just be happy that you can't hear the difference, so you don't have to spend all that money."
There is no such thing as golden ear, just like there is not such thing as ghosts or monsters under your bed. There is only if you passed a hearing test or not and if you've been trained using software like Harman How To Listen. Everything else is a hallucination and figment of your imagination.

3) "Don't [be jealous/hate] because you can't afford it."
I personally would never assume how rich or poor someone is on the internet, because I have no idea who is behind the keyboard.

Top Bottom