• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Munich Hi-End

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What do they have for me?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Beer isn’t bad over there, and if you like pig...
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Looked through all 22 pages posted so far and there is very little that interests me, audio jewellery for high class brothels.
Keith

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looked through all 22 pages posted so far and there is very little that interests me, audio jewellery for high class brothels.
Keith

Really?

I can't wrap my head around how an audio enthusiast couldn't get a kick out of seeing all sorts of wild and wonderful audio gear. I find there's a lot of gorgeous and cool looking audio products in those photos. I love to go to audio shows, just like a car enthusiast might like to go to car shows.

Do you only look at photos of cars you can afford too? :)

BillG

Major Contributor
I can't wrap my head around how an audio enthusiast couldn't get a kick out of seeing all sorts of wild and wonderful audio gear.

The scientists and engineers here won't enjoy it so much as aesthetics aren't their focus. However, the visual artists and industrial designers here will most certainly be intrigued. And those of us who happen to fall into both camps (raises hand) will just feel conflicted... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Really?

I can't wrap my head around how an audio enthusiast couldn't get a kick out of seeing all sorts of wild and wonderful audio gear. I find there's a lot of gorgeous and cool looking audio products in those photos. I love to go to audio shows, just like a car enthusiast might like to go to car shows.

Do you only look at photos of cars you can afford too? :)
When back in the UK I used to regularly visit the Bristol show and the problem I found is that a significant portion of the "weird and wonderful" bling really did not sound good.

My favorite picture, where would high end be without cable lifters?

Untitled.png

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The scientists and engineers here won't enjoy it so much as aesthetics isn't their focus. However, the visual artists and industrial designers here will most certainly be intrigued. And those of us who happen to fall into both camps (raises hand) will just feel conflicted... :rolleyes:
If I want to see sculptures, I go to an art gallery or museum, not an audio show. I really despise what the High End of audio has become, just bling for those with more money than technical education.

(This applies also to cars, no longer a means of transport.)
S

BillG

Major Contributor
I really despise what the High End of audio has become, just bling for those with more money than technical education.

Yeah, I feel the same way about it. However, there will always be a market for luxury goods (which is what a certain segment of high end audio has become) regardless of whether said goods are actually worth the asking price or not... :facepalm:

peanuts

god i detest the cable industry. any brand promoting a room running $10.000 cables is out of the loop of any purchase

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Another 20 pages added, mostly more affordable products.
There just isn’t much in the way of real innovation, you have to lok more towards pro audio for that.
Keith

digititus

Keith
I only made it through about 10 pages. Apart from the Genelecs and a few Turntables, there was nothing of real interest.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Stereophile's Serinus is in seventh heaven there! He's excited by 120.000€ Jorma cables and finally heard a stereo rack that really sounds good (cheap as soap 18.500€)!

https://www.stereophile.com/content...a-mkii-speakers-kuzma-tonearm-fuuga-cartridge

I immediately sensed more air and crispness to the sound. Layering and image size improved noticeably, the piano's low notes grew more profound, there was spaciousness for days, and I was able to hear new detail in the horn. The difference was major.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content...a-tonearm-fuuga-cartridge#RsbHeUOkrCzpke2L.99

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Stereophile's Serinus is in seventh heaven there! He's excited by 120.000€ Jorma cables and finally heard a stereo rack that really sounds good (cheap as soap 18.500€)!

https://www.stereophile.com/content...a-mkii-speakers-kuzma-tonearm-fuuga-cartridge

I immediately sensed more air and crispness to the sound. Layering and image size improved noticeably, the piano's low notes grew more profound, there was spaciousness for days, and I was able to hear new detail in the horn. The difference was major.
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content...a-tonearm-fuuga-cartridge#RsbHeUOkrCzpke2L.99
Serinus's scrawlings are so absurd I can't believe Stereophile keeps him around. Perhaps the distinction between him and someone like Lavorgna is that Serinus can produce lots of copy that reads reasonably well, so he gets to stay.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Serinus's scrawlings are so absurd I can't believe Stereophile keeps him around. Perhaps the distinction between him and someone like Lavorgna is that Serinus can produce lots of copy that reads reasonably well, so he gets to stay.

If I understand the description and pictures of the demo correctly, it sounds like they had one rack with a TT + phono stage, then moved the phono stage to a different rack.

In a vinyl system, I'm not surprised that changing the weight on the rack the TT sits on would affect the sound.

But if that really is the demo....that's idiotic.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I understand the description and pictures of the demo correctly, it sounds like they had one rack with a TT + phono stage, then moved the phono stage to a different rack.

In a vinyl system, I'm not surprised that changing the weight on the rack the TT sits on would affect the sound.

But if that really is the demo....that's idiotic.

I would be surprised, very surprised if that were the case in a blind test, but of course sighted, anything goes.

S.

Top Bottom