• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Munich Hi-End

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
There are/could be/might be/ ought to be I can’t say because I have gained the reputation as being loose lipped!
Keith

kma100

Forum Donor
Ha ha. I thought they had already made it, hence my question.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
‘If you make it they will come’ and buy hopefully.
Keith

goat76

Major Contributor
A guy at another forum I'm a member of wants to know the music used in the Wilson Audio demo at the Munich High-End Show. The song starts at around 20 seconds in the video and no luck with Shazam. Does anyone here know what it is?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Purifi,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
RME with what looks suspiciously like a power supply.

Keith

Jukebox

Anyone attend the StormAudio / Dirac ART demo?
Yes, I did. Amazing sound as one can imagine, great envelopment and impact from the subwoofers.
But at the end of the day, maked me happy with my system at a fraction of the cost:)

Attachments

• 20230519_122351.jpg
    20230519_122351.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 111

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I did. Amazing sound as one can imagine, great envelopment and impact from the subwoofers.
But at the end of the day, maked me happy with my system at a fraction of the cost:)
Thanks. Dirac Art will be released officially at the end of the month on StormAudio. Glad they had a nice setup,

IPunchCholla

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
True.

Honest question though: why are we not seeing similar breakthroughs in loudspeaker prices?

Is it because physics impose that good ones be bulky and transport costs are the dominant factor?
Materials for good speakers cost quite a bit and do not benefit from economies of scale very much. That being said, if one gives up “normal” audiophile perceptions of what a speaker should be, then those advantages come into play. Just look at the ikea wall mounted speakers.

The next problem is for lower frequencies at higher SPL, you have to move a lot of air. You can do this with a big speaker or a long (as in 4x the lowest wavelength) transmission line. So loud and deep requires size which again is more material and additional costs.

The last problem is since there isn’t a way to do loud and low cheaply, you have to then justify your product. Easiest way to do that is through using exotic materials or highly engineered interiors/exteriors and making claims about how those improve sound. Of course all that extra also costs extra.

So we end up here. With tons of cheap plastic speakers that are really very good when played within their limits and expensive speakers where those limits are surpassed.

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
With D&D Bacch and the vintage Western Electric system one of the rare rooms where I would have liked to make a listening for this very elitist French brand and very respected in our country but with the very confidential diffusion.
After viewing the photos of the show, I have the impression of having visited a fairground festival while gorging myself with soda and cotton candy and very fatty doughnuts...now I feel nauseous.

DSC_6799ss.jpg

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
With D&D Bacch and the vintage Western Electric system one of the rare rooms where I would have liked to make a listening for this very elitist French brand and very respected in our country but with the very confidential diffusion.
After viewing the photos of the show, I have the impression of having visited a fairground festival while gorging myself with soda and cotton candy and very fatty doughnuts...now I feel nauseous.
Very well described, in the end a feeling of disgust remains after looking at the pictures. Nevertheless, you flip through them, a strange fascination.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Very well described, in the end a feeling of disgust remains after looking at the pictures. Nevertheless, you flip through them, a strange fascination.
The advantage being on the show instead of watching pics is that each action takes time, so you quickly start learning some tips to spare time. Since there is always a way to have a look inside the room before entering, I was checking the presence of an LP or tube amp. If it was the case, no time to loose. Then your stomach is much better at the end of the day.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
RME with what looks suspiciously like a power supply.

Keith
Yes, that's probably the promised linear power supply.
I've read on RME forum they plan to ship as from Munich High End.
And they make it clear: don't expect audible improvement (for an RME device) with it.

Another VERY interesting topic I've read on a RME group on Facebook is the possibility to completely configure the DAC from a dedicated software.
The software would be available for download, with a required firmware upgrade, in a few weeks months.

That's a very nice addition !

Let's hope it will be available for the ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2/4 Pro as well.

FB_IMG_1684563829539.jpg

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, that's probably the promised linear power supply.
I've read on RME forum they plan to ship as from Munich High End.
And they make it clear: don't expect audible improvement (for an RME device) with it.

Another VERY interesting topic I've read on a RME group on Facebook is the possibility to completely configure the DAC from a dedicated software.
The software would be available for download, with a required firmware upgrade, in a few weeks.

That's a very nice addition !

Let's hope it will be available for the ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2/4 Pro as well.

View attachment 286997
From what i read: DAC and maybe 2/4 first in the next 2-3 months, the rest (Pro, i guess) is more difficult, takes longer:
1684659758967.png

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The advantage being on the show instead of watching pics is that each action takes time, so you quickly start learning some tips to spare time. Since there is always a way to have a look inside the room before entering, I was checking the presence of an LP or tube amp. If it was the case, no time to loose. Then your stomach is much better at the end of the day.
I always walk past rooms where someone is talking, and rarely wait for a ‘scheduled/timed’ demonstration, having said that I did queue three times to hear the Magico ‘ultimate’ horns, they played the same sanitised 20 minute clop repeatedly, which must have been mind numbingly boring for the staff.
Keith

Top Bottom