• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Multiroom synchronous streaming success? I want to hear how you did it

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
where did i fault it? Roon was possibly the answer to what i am trying to accomplish. This "blemish" was the first (and so far only) item it cant do. Its about setting expectations upfront and why i am doing the research now.
Is the glass half full or empty?

It just seems that you can't say its polish is fading because it can't do something nobody else can do, but whatever.

As for glasses half full, I'm reminded of what I tell my longtime colleague and co-Department Head: "some people think the glass is half full, others thing it is half empty, but you, my friend, look at the glass and say, 'you know, this might be urine.' "

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
hmm, some of Roon's polish is fading

Just to be clear, this limitation is only for sending the same audio stream to grouped endpoints. You can still send music to the other zones via the desktop or phone apps. So a Airplay device can receive audio in one zone and you can still send another audio stream to a CCA, USB DAC, etc on another zone.

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It just seems that you can't say its polish is fading because it can't do something nobody else can do, but whatever..' "
But whatever.
Apparently you cant say it. I can and did. As such, Roon is not perfect for me but so far, better than most other solutions based upon my criteria.
Appreciate your input on what you found.

OP
M

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just to be clear, this limitation is only for sending the same audio stream to grouped endpoints. You can still send music to the other zones via the desktop or phone apps. So a Airplay device can receive audio in one zone and you can still send another audio stream to a CCA, USB DAC, etc on another zone.
yes, thanks for clarifying. I am looking for sending the same audio stream to grouped endpoints and, at the same time, the ability to send another stream to another set of different endpoints (or maybe just one endpoint that is not grouped). This is not the most likely use case as it would likely be one audio stream to one group. Now i also know that every endpoint in a group must be the same which is another thing that is new. Not a problem and glad i know it before i begin to put this monstrosity together.

On a side note, it appears as if Roon limits the small Rock to max 6 endpoints whereas the faster and better equiped Rock can handle more. Anyone tried to max out the zones and notice a degradation of performance using the smaller Rock?

Top Bottom