• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Multiple devices vs single processor ?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do we know what the best measuring home theatre processor is at the moment?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do we know what the best measuring home theatre processor is at the moment?

No not really. If you mean pre/pro I suppose Amir has measured Marantz which isn't terrible and isn't super great.

If you mean AVR, then I'd have to look thru what has been done to see which was best, but again I don't think any were especially great.

There also hasn't been enough of them measured to say there aren't good ones lurking out there somewhere. Currently, almost all of them are made by the same company. There are a few small exceptions. Emotiva is one, and the previous version of their pre/pro was substandard.

Willem

Major Contributor
I am not quite clear what the OP is looking for. Is this for a stereo system with a subwoofer with some room eq or does he need some av processing as well?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No not really. If you mean pre/pro I suppose Amir has measured Marantz which isn't terrible and isn't super great.

If you mean AVR, then I'd have to look thru what has been done to see which was best, but again I don't think any were especially great.

There also hasn't been enough of them measured to say there aren't good ones lurking out there somewhere. Currently, almost all of them are made by the same company. There are a few small exceptions. Emotiva is one, and the previous version of their pre/pro was substandard.
Pre/pro, a separates philosophy similar to the DAC + Amp.

Top Bottom