• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Multichannel System for Music - Standards, Setup, Thoughts, etc.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I have hope that Mch streaming will come. I do not understand why Qello only streams 2ch even for material where Mch is available.
+1 Qobuz has a minuscule stock of around 30 files in classical multich. But so far has resisted any encouragement to expand. :(

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
The only real support the market gets is self-generated thru a couple dedicated websites. I may be deluded but I have been sensing an upturn in mch interest, only time will tell if it can be revived by the dedicate users alone.
I was surprised to hear you say that because, for the first time in many years, a dealer expressed to me an interest in a MCH setup.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I was surprised to hear you say that because, for the first time in many years, a dealer expressed to me an interest in a MCH setup.
That is good news. ;)

hipis_1

Hi.
Question. I read somewhere that front speakers sound should meet 30-80cm after listener and the same for surround speakers. Is it true? Or better this point should be where the listener sits?
I can only rotate front and surrounds speakers because I have a fairly long cabinet under the TV and my couch is under the big window so surrounds are in its corner.
I'm interested in SACD/dvdaudio music but also movies.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Question. I read somewhere that front speakers sound should meet 30-80cm after listener and the same for surround speakers. Is it true? Or better this point should be where the listener sits?
It's no different than with 2ch, it all depends on your speakers and how they'll best image.

That is good news. ;)
Boy how things have changed since we had this conversation over 2 years ago.
All the streamers are offering 5.1 and Atmos now. wOOt.

Top Bottom