• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your ZIP-ed track; this representation better shows the actual gain saturation!
WS004319.JPG

Even if I did the gain-down in -15 dB for entire track, the real music cannot be recovered since your ZIP-ed original mp3 has been already saturated in this case.
WS004320.JPG

This is just same as "white-out saturated pixels in digital photo" which cannot be rescued by any photo retouch method!

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks nicer, but the "gain" (in green time-gain representation) throughout the track is obviously saturated, like white-out! Really poor QC-ed mp3, I believe. You can hear only the distorted/saturated/clipped sound even in very small volume/gain.

You would please try your other proper WAV or AIFF tracks of excellent recording with good QC.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@dualazmak I am seeing where a DJ could really love the Spectral Display and seeing what is forth coming in a song.

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just for your ref, this is the full orchestra track which I shared in my previous post, together with the green time-gain representation; nicely within the gain saturation level.
WS004323.JPG

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@dualazmak here is a 128MB flac @ 2666 kbps with Pink Floyd - Money
View attachment 231417

Yes, this is nicely within the gain saturation level as can be found in the vertical gain scale of the green time-gain representation! It should sound much much better than the mp3 you sent before.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, this is nicely within the gain saturation level as can be found in the vertical gain scale of the green time-gain representation! It should sound much much better than the mp3 you sent before.
O yes, it sounds much much better. Is there a way that I can send you a 128MB flac file of the music? It is a worthy addition to any music collection.

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
O yes, it sounds much much better. Is there a way that I can send you a 128MB flac file of the music? It is a worthy addition to any music collection.

Yes, I will arrange my DROPBOX file sharing folder between us into which you may drop your track; I will PM you soon.

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, now I have your Pink Floyd - Money track in flac. Since my Adobe Audition 3.0.1 cannot open flac, I converted it into 96 kHz 24 bit aiff using dBpoweramp Music Converter, then analyzed it;
WS004326.JPG

OK, this is quite nice within gain saturation level, and well distributes 20 Hz - 22.05 kHz. You need nice large-heavy L&R sub-woofers and super-tweeters just like my audio setup, if you would like to enjoy the full HiRes quality of this track!

And, now you fully understand the "meanings" of time-gain spectrum and time-gain-Fq color spectrum of Adobe Audition, I believe.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, now I have your Pink Floyd - Money track in flac. Since my Adobe Audition 3.0.1 cannot open flac, I converted it into 96 kHz 24 bit aiff using dBpoweramp Music Converter, then analyzed it;
View attachment 231424

OK, this is quite nice within gain saturation level, and well distributes 20 Hz - 22.05 kHz. You need nice large-heavy L&R sub-woofers and super-tweeters just like my audio setup, if you would like to enjoy the full HiRes quality of this track!
I'm seeing how this tool is good.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 231424

Is this the first time listening to Pink Floyd Money in stereo?

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this the first time listening to Pink Floyd Money in stereo?

Yes, my first time; not my preference though! I am a man of classical music and some smooth jazz/popular.
Nevertheless, we can exchange some objective representation of the music tracks using Adobe Audition spectrum. Therefore, I wrote here;
I know very well that the Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition (I use Ver. 3.0.1) is not "the almighty" at all; it only gives 3D color representation of time-frequency-gain (sound pressure), and (almost) no info on sound cleanliness (S/N, distortion), sonority, 3D stereo perspective/image, extent of SP disappearance and so on. Nevertheless, I assume the Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition of specific audio sampler music track would be more worthwhile than having no such objective representation of the track.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, my first time; not my preference though! I am a man of classical music and some smooth jazz/popular.
Nevertheless, we can exchange some objective representation of the music tracks using Adobe Audition spectrum. Therefore, I wrote here;
I know very well that the Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition (I use Ver. 3.0.1) is not "the almighty" at all; it only gives 3D color representation of time-frequency-gain (sound pressure), and (almost) no info on sound cleanliness (S/N, distortion), sonority, 3D stereo perspective/image, extent of SP disappearance and so on. Nevertheless, I assume the Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition of specific audio sampler music track would be more worthwhile than having no such objective representation of the track.
It definitely serves as a means to further analyze the comings and goings of waveforms. In a way that others have not approached.

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Excellent Recording Quality Music Albums/Tracks for Subjective (and Possibly Objective) Test/Check/Tuning of Multichannel Multi-Driver Multi-Amplifier Time-Aligned Active Stereo Audio System and Room Acoustics; at least a Portion and/or One Track being Analyzed by Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition in Common Parameters: [Part-07] Female Vocal and Counter Tenor in Early Classical Music

Caution and Reminder:

Even though I refer to YouTube video/audio clip(s) in this post, I cannot guarantee its sound quality since I know little about YouTube's audio codec/compression, and furthermore I know nothing about your internet access environments.

(You would please take a look on [Part-00] Introduction here in my previous post.)

Hello friends,

It is my great pleasure starting this post with amazing recording of Gregorian Chants by female vocal ensemble Schola Solensis' a-cappella album "Psallant Ecclesia".
WS004355.JPG

I usually use the track-2 "Congaudentes exultemus" for check and tuning of audio system (and room acoustics, if needed);
WS004354.JPG

You can hear it on YouTube;

By looking at the color spectrum, you may easily understand the extremely high S/N ratio of this track/album, and by hearing the YouTube clip, you would fully understand and agree why I have this track in my "audio sampler playlist".

The following two tracks are really unique and stunning recording of baroque soprano Kumi Arata in album of " Lescons De Tenebres Du Jeudi Saint" (CSD-16 Misawa Classics); You would please refer to my post here for Misawa Classics and the really unique soprano singer Kumi Arata.
WS004353.JPG

I usually use track-1"Lamentationes Jeremiae Prophetae (Nivers GG)" (solo vocal no accompaniment), and track-2 "Lamentationes Jeremiae Prophetae (Charpentier MA)" (solo vocal with small positive organ accompaniment);
WS004352.JPG

and,
WS004356.JPG

As I wrote here, quite regretfully, the CDs of Misawa Classics label are no longer available, and we have no YouTube clip at all for Kumi Arata's solo vocal performances; if you would find some, please let me know.

By looking at the color spectrum, you may easily understand the amazing S/N ratio as well as purity and cleanliness of her voice with little vibrato.

In case if you would be seriously interested in hearing Kumi Arata , CDs from Misawa Classics (including 2 CDs of Kumi arata) and Aeolian Records (including 3 CDs of Kumi Arata), please simply PM me writing your wish.

Let me close this post with nice charming album of counter tenor Gerald Lesne with IL Seminario Musicale,"Amarilli (Bononcini)";
WS004357.JPG

I usual use track-2 "Siedi, Amarilli mia (2)" for check and tuning of my audio system;
WS004349.JPG

You can hear this track on YouTube, at 2:50 of this clip;

The clear voice of counter tenor Gerald Lesne is really wonderful and suitable for system check, and the string ensemble sound/music by IL Seminario Musicale is also beautiful and very suitable for string sound reproduction check.

Hopefully, my next post on this "post series" will be "[Part-08] (Smooth?) Jazz Trio".

Edit: So far posted in this series;
[Part-00] Introduction: #587
[Part-01] Full Orchestral Music: #588
[Part-02] Solo Piano Music: #590
[Part-03] Typical(?) Smooth Jazz Music with Guitar: #591
[Part-04] Bimmel Bolle Antique Orgel; Extremely High-Energy High-Frequency Sharp Transient sound: #592
[Part-05] Color Spectrum of Tracks in CBS/Sony's "Super Audio Check CD": #593
[Part-06] Female Vocal in Jazz and Popular Music, and One Male Vocal Track for Comparison: #596
[Part-07] Female Vocal and Counter Tenor in Early Classical Music: #639
[Part-08] (Smooth?) Jazz Trio: #640
[Part-09] Organ Music:
[Part-10] Lute Music: #642
[Part-11] Violin Music: #643
[Part-12] Cello Music: #644
[Part-13] Harpsichord (Cembalo, Clavecin) Music: #645
[Part-14] Piano Concertos: #650
[Part-15] Again, CBS/Sony's "Super Audio Check CD": Analyzed by Adobe Audition 3.0.1 and MusicScope 2.1.0: #651
[Part-16] A Cappella Chorus and A Cappella Vocal Ensemble: #652
[Part-17] Excellent Quality Music Tracks, But Containing Unacceptably High Gain Low Frequency Air Conditioning Noises; What Counter Measures Can We Have? #658
[Part-18] An Interlude or Provisional Finale of the Post Series: #669

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Excellent Recording Quality Music Albums/Tracks for Subjective (and Possibly Objective) Test/Check/Tuning of Multichannel Multi-Driver Multi-Amplifier Time-Aligned Active Stereo Audio System and Room Acoustics; at least a Portion and/or One Track being Analyzed by Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition in Common Parameters: [Part-08] Smooth(?) Jazz Trio

Caution and Reminder:

Even though I refer to YouTube video/audio clip(s) in this post, I cannot guarantee its sound quality since I know little about YouTube's audio codec/compression, and furthermore I know nothing about your internet access environments.

(You would please take a look on [Part-00] Introduction here in my post.)

Hello friends,

Although I assume all of you would know that my major preferences in music are on classical and early-classical era, I occasionally enjoy jazz music especially (smooth?) jazz trio.

Let me start this post, therefore, by sharing this wonderful recording of Thomas Enhco Trio "Someday My Prince Will Come";
WS00004408.JPG

From this album, I usually use track-3 "I Fall In Love Too Easily" which includes really amazing trumpet solo for check and tuning of my audio system and room acoustics;
WS00004407.JPG

You can hear the track on YouTube;

Looking at the spectrum and hearing the YouTube clip, I believe you would fully agree with me this rather quiet but clear recording having the wonderful trumpet solo is very much suitable for system check for S/N ratio, 3D stereo image/perspective and sound resolution.

I occasionally enjoy 10 CDs of Karel Boehlee Trio of wonderful performances and nice recording quality; the recording characteristics would be a little bit warm and/or soft for your ears if you are jazz fanatic, though.
WS00004405.JPG

I usully use the following 4 track for system and room acoustics check and tuning. Firstly from the album "Blue Prelude";
WS00004404.JPG

The track-4 "High Times" is much suitable for check of total sound balance and the reproduction of transient sounds with bass and drums;
WS00004403.JPG

You can hear on YouTube;

I usually listen carefully to the transient down-burst drum sequence at 2:58. You need efficient high-speed (excellent transient characteristics) perfectly time-aligned woofers and sub-woofers.

Please refer to my posts #495 and #507 for transient characteristics and XO from sub-woofer to woofer of in my setup, and also please refer to #520 for the summary of 0.1 msec precision time alignment throughout all the SP drivers.

Secondly, from the album "Last Tango in Paris";
WS00004402.JPG

I use the track-4 "Dat Mistige Rooie Beest";
WS00004401.JPG

You can hear on YouTube;

Slow tempo, but nice for system check especially S/N ratio, piano sonority, transient low drum sound, bass solo with grunt of bassist, 3D perspective.

Thirdly, from the album "Midnight Blue";
WS00004400.JPG

I use the track-5 "Golden Earrings";
WS00004399.JPG

You can hear on YouTube;

Very nice for check of total sound balance and 3D stereo image/perspective. The drums solo portion, 2:41 - 3:13 would also attract my (and your) focus of attention.

Fourthly and finally in this post, from the album "Dear Old Stockholm";
WS00004398.JPG

I usually use track-1 "Yoe" for system check;
WS00004397.JPG

You can hear on YouTube;

Looking at the spectrum and hearing the YouTube clip, I believe you would again agree with me that this is also good fit for check and tuning of audio system and room acoustics. The bass solo portion at 3:20 - 4:25 also attracts my (our) focus of attention.

Hopefully, my next post on this "post series" will be "[Part-09] Organ Music".

Edit: So far posted in this series;
[Part-00] Introduction: #587
[Part-01] Full Orchestral Music: #588
[Part-02] Solo Piano Music: #590
[Part-03] Typical(?) Smooth Jazz Music with Guitar: #591
[Part-04] Bimmel Bolle Antique Orgel; Extremely High-Energy High-Frequency Sharp Transient sound: #592
[Part-05] Color Spectrum of Tracks in CBS/Sony's "Super Audio Check CD": #593
[Part-06] Female Vocal in Jazz and Popular Music, and One Male Vocal Track for Comparison: #596
[Part-07] Female Vocal and Counter Tenor in Early Classical Music: #639
[Part-08] (Smooth?) Jazz Trio: #640
[Part-09] Organ Music: #641

[Part-10] Lute Music: #642
[Part-11] Violin Music: #643
[Part-12] Cello Music: #644
[Part-13] Harpsichord (Cembalo, Clavecin) Music: #645
[Part-14] Piano Concertos: #650
[Part-15] Again, CBS/Sony's "Super Audio Check CD": Analyzed by Adobe Audition 3.0.1 and MusicScope 2.1.0: #651
[Part-16] A Cappella Chorus and A Cappella Vocal Ensemble: #652
[Part-17] Excellent Quality Music Tracks, But Containing Unacceptably High Gain Low Frequency Air Conditioning Noises; What Counter Measures Can We Have? #658
[Part-18] An Interlude or Provisional Finale of the Post Series: #669

Last edited:
Top Bottom