• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Multi-Channel, Multi-Amplifier Audio System Using Software Crossover and Multichannel-DAC

DrCWO

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hello again,
I like to thank you for the listening tip for You Must Believe In Spring by Bill Evans.

I must say for me it exactly came along at the right time. I recently got a vintage Shure V15 V-MR with original VN5MR needle for my Pro-Ject RMP9 Carbon turntable. I am happy I was able to order the LP from JPC for 70€ as I recognized it was sold out by the label.

I will compare the LP to the 24/192 release available on Qobuz and report back my findings within the next weeks. Before that I will to change the cartridge on my turntable to the V15 V-MR to get better sound.

Recently I bought a quite inexpensive Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300) that arrived yesterday. The magnification range between 60 and 120 is perfect to check diamonds on the cantilever. I was surprised by the difference in size between the HE diamond of my Shure V15 IV and the Shure V15 V-MR but both are in perfect working condition.

Best DrCWO

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will compare the LP to the 24/192 release available on Qobuz and report back my findings within the next weeks.

Very nice to hear from you again!

I am really looking forward to your impression and findings on the 45-RPM heavy-thick 188-gram LPs played with your amazing audio setup.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Do you want to know what I am missing in this thread ?

A video of 12 'dancing' VU meters to music.

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you want to know what I am missing in this thread ?

A video of 12 'dancing' VU meters to music.

As I usually use CANON EOS5D Mark IV still-video camera, I hope I may try it someday in the near future.

BTW, what would be your preference of video resolution and its audio codec (hopefully HiRes high-vision or 4K video with stereo 96 or 128 kHz 24 bit audio), maybe with some typical reference music tracks selected from here? Any request(s) among them from you?

I never uploaded my video clip onto YouTube. What would be your most straightforward (and easy for me) method(s) of embedding "my" HiRes video clip(s) in my possible future post on this thread?

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Just some wiggling needles to the music.
May sound crappy with inboard mic even.
Video res: high enough so we can see the needles swaying to the rhythm of the music.
30 seconds is enough to satisfy my visual needs :)

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello again,
I like to thank you for the listening tip for You Must Believe In Spring by Bill Evans.

I must say for me it exactly came along at the right time. I recently got a vintage Shure V15 V-MR with original VN5MR needle for my Pro-Ject RMP9 Carbon turntable. I am happy I was able to order the LP from JPC for 70€ as I recognized it was sold out by the label.

I will compare the LP to the 24/192 release available on Qobuz and report back my findings within the next weeks. Before that I will to change the cartridge on my turntable to the V15 V-MR to get better sound.

Recently I bought a quite inexpensive Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300) that arrived yesterday. The magnification range between 60 and 120 is perfect to check diamonds on the cantilever. I was surprised by the difference in size between the HE diamond of my Shure V15 IV and the Shure V15 V-MR but both are in perfect working condition.

Best DrCWO

I was thinking to start a thread about stylus inspection ... maybe is important for some people, for me at least is very important with MC cartridges.
Retip / trade in is expensive and usually moved by fear you don't use the real lifespan of the stylus and send the cartridge to retip / trade in with a good stylus.

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Really nice plan. How about to include LP cleaning?

mmm ... flame wars?

apart from the joke, is a topic much more discussed everywhere, and with some consolidated recipes.

DrCWO

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I was thinking to start a thread about stylus inspection ... maybe is important for some people, for me at least is very important with MC cartridges.
Retip / trade in is expensive and usually moved by fear you don't use the real lifespan of the stylus and send the cartridge to retip / trade in with a good stylus.
Good idea! Like to join such a thread with things I already did…

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dancing video of my IEC 60268-17 compatible large glass-face DIY 12-VU-Meter Array
Part-1: with "High Frequency Linearity Check Track" of Sony Super Audio Check CD

Edit: notation for specific search hit to this post: "Dualazmak DIY 12-VU-Meter Array" e.g. in YouTube clips.

Hello friends,

This is a follow-up post after my posts here and here on my IEC 60268-17 compatible large glass-face DIY 12-VU-Meter Array.

Several of my ASR friends, including as in here near above, requested possible sharing of dancing video(s) of my IEC 60268-17 compatible large glass-face DIY 12-VU-Meter Array.

Using my CANON EOS-5D Mark IV digital camera, I took several videos of the dancing 12-VU-Meter Array, and processed them by ADOBE Premiere Rush to be uploaded on YouTube in full HD video clips.

Since I know nothing about your YouTube viewing/listening quality and environments, I cannot guarantee the visual and audio quality of my YouTube video clips. You would please simply PM me, if you would like to have the intact full HD mp4 video files for your personal reference.

This post is the Part-1 video sharing of the dancing 12-VU-Meter Array with "High Frequency Linearity Check Track" of Sony Super Audio Check CD (please refer to my post here and here);

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Dancing video of my IEC 60268-17 compatible large glass-face DIY 12-VU-Meter Array
Part-2: with typical "Full Orchestra Music"-1

Edit: notation for specific search hit to this post: "Dualazmak DIY 12-VU-Meter Array" e.g. in YouTube clips.

This post is the Part-2 video sharing of the dancing 12-VU-Meter Array with typical "Full Orchestra Music"-1 (please refer to my post here).

Since I know nothing about your YouTube viewing/listening quality and environments, I cannot guarantee the visual and audio quality of my YouTube video clips. You would please simply PM me, if you would like to have the intact full HD mp4 video files for your personal reference.

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Part-3: with typical "Full Orchestra Music"-2

Edit:
notation for specific search hit to this post: "Dualazmak DIY 12-VU-Meter Array" e.g. in YouTube clips.

This post is the Part-3 video sharing of the dancing 12-VU-Meter Array with typical "Full Orchestra Music"-2 (please refer to my post here).

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Part-4: with typical "Jazz Piano Trio Music"

Edit:
notation for specific search hit to this post: "Dualazmak DIY 12-VU-Meter Array" e.g. in YouTube clips.

This post is the Part-4 (and the final?) video sharing of the dancing 12-VU-Meter Array with typical "Jazz Piano Trio Music" (please refer to my post here).

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just some wiggling needles to the music.
May sound crappy with inboard mic even.
Video res: high enough so we can see the needles swaying to the rhythm of the music.
30 seconds is enough to satisfy my visual needs :)

Hello,

I've done a little bit!;)

You would please find the above my four posts; thank you for your attention and interests on my IEC 60268-17 compatible large glass-face DIY 12-VU-Meter Array.

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello friends,

Let me share with you just one another "photo" of dancing 12-VU-Meter Array as of today.;)
You would please refer to my posts here and here for the details of my IEC 60268-17 compatible large glass-face DIY 12-VU-Meter Array.

059A2717_r3_ps2.JPG

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

johnp98

View attachment 239139

The ZIP file (6.3 GB) containing all the 60 intact tracks has been also prepared for possible communication with my audio-enthu friends. In case if you would be seriously interested in these intact (non-compressed) audio sampler tracks, please simply PM me writing your wish.
Late to this thread but amazing work!
I very much appreciate this list and will PM you.

OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Summary of my motivations reviving vinyl TT (turntable) in DSP-based multichannel time-aligned multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active stereo audio setup

Hello friends,

Today I posted the following messages here on the remote thread entitled "Turntables - help me understand the appeal?" I do hope it would be allowed and worthwhile, as our common reference, having the same contents here in this post on my project thread.

Just at least in my case...

I recently revived my gem/treasure TT DENON DP-57L + DENON DL-301MkII MC in my DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully-time-aligned (0.1 msec precision) fully-active stereo audio setup; please refer to here and here.

What were/are my motivations?

1. Nostalgic aestheticity of TT (ref. photos here and here).
2. Naive nostalgia for "the ceremony" of vinyl listening.
3. My audio-DIY-ish interests in "implementation of real-time on-the-fly listening to vinyl" in DSP-based multi-channel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active audio setup which has safe and flexible on-the-fly relative gain (tone) control functionality.
4. My naive interest and curiosity for comparative listening to vinyl vs. its CD release in my audio setup (ref. here, here and here), only for a few (less than ten) vinyl discs; especially recently released well QC-ed thick heavy (188 gram!) 45 RPM vinyl of jazz piano trio music vs. its CD release (ref. here).

Since I have already accomplished (almost) all of the above 1. through 4., I assume I will seldom listen to vinyl (maybe once in two months, or less) even though the TT should remain in my multichannel audio rig because of 1. and 2.

And, you would please note that I have already "digitized" all of my around 300 old LPs into 192 kHz (or 96 kHz, 44.1 kHz) AIFF format and have taken the digitized LP tracks into my digital music library (ref. here and here).

BTW, some of my audio/music enthu friends, including "the" jazz fanatic gentleman (ref. here and here), may bring his/her favorite vinyl records to my listening room for our vinyl ceremony and listening enjoyment using my latest DSP-based multichannel audio setup (ref. here) having TT in it.

I essentially agree with @Sal1950's stance and points on this topic shared on the remote thread.

Edit: as I wrote here on the remote thread,,,
The already digitized vinyl LPs are not yet discarded! __They are still sitting on my shelves upstairs in perfect conditions.
Only if needed, of course I can bring any of them onto my revived TT.
:)

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Important recent information on software DSP "EKIO":

Note:
I posted the content of this post below in my post #69 on the remote thread entitled "A comparison of convolution engines". I believe it is allowed and worthwhile sharing the same on this project thread since I have been using EKIO all the way through this multichannel audio project thread.

As a follow-up after my post #23 regarding "EKIO" on the remote thread entitled "A comparison of convolution engines", during the past two weeks, I could have nice communication with Guillaume BADAUT of LUPISOFT, and he kindly gave me consent and permission sharing our e-mail chats in ASR Forum.

Hello Guillaume,

EKIO is running perfectly, as usual, in my DSP-based multichannel multi-SP-driver multi-amplifier fully active time-align stereo audio setup.
You would please find my latest system setup here and here on my project thread in Audio Science Research (ASR) Forum.
I really like and love EKIO, and I have been always very happy being a kind of enthusiastic evangelist of EKIO in ASR.

By the way, very recently one active member Keith_W launched a thread entitled "A comparison of convolution engines", where I just help him in filling and correcting EKIO column of his comparative spreadsheet.

Today, we discussed about the limitation of free trial version of EKIO; please refer to our posts #23, #24 and #25 on that thread.

I (we) would highly appreciate if you could provide us some kind of full-functioning trial version, for limited period, of course. I believe this will invite much more people to try EKIO in multichannel (more than 4 CH) audio setup.

One another point from myself would be your possible development of "EKIO ASIO I/O driver" for elimination/bypass of ASIO4ALL, VB-Audio Virtual Cable, and VB-Audio Hi-Fi CABLE & ASIO Bridge.

I have been still inquired rather frequently regarding the "All in ASIO I/O Routings" in/out of EKIO using ASIO4ALL, VB-Audio Virtual Cable, and VB-Audio Hi-Fi CABLE & ASIO Bridge; for some (many?) people, however, the ASIO routings could be first high hurdle or barrier, and several people gave-up using EKIO because of this, even though I could give them very detailed instructions and easy-to-understand schematic presentations.

If you and or your reliable collaborator(s) could develop "EKIO ASIO I/O driver" which can be assigned as an audio device "EKIO v1.01 [ASIO]" by JRiver and Roon, that should be very nice and straightforward.

Also we would highly appreciate if EKIO can direct the output channels into any of the available ASIO driver(s) of specific DAC(s) without the help of ASIO4ALL.

Your kind attention and consideration will be highly appreciated.

with my best regards, as always,

Dear ****** *****,

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your enthusiasm for EKIO. I'm glad to hear that it is running smoothly in your audio setup.

Regarding your inquiry about an "EKIO ASIO I/O driver," I agree that it is an excellent idea and would be a significant improvement to the software. However, I regret to inform you that developing a dedicated driver is not currently on my roadmap due to time constraints. Nonetheless, your suggestion has been duly noted, and I will continue to evaluate the feasibility of such a feature in the future.

I am pleased to inform you that a new tutorial has recently been published on the EKIO website. This tutorial provides a comprehensive guide on integrating EKIO with Voicemeeter, offering users an intermediate workaround that simplifies the audio routing process. Compared to using ASIO4ALL and VB Audio Cable, this solution not only provides greater ease of use but also offers enhanced flexibility in managing audio streams.

http://www.lupisoft.com/ekio/articles/using-voicemeeter.htm

After reviewing your recent posts on the ASR Forum, I fully understand your request for a complete trial experience of EKIO, especially for multichannel audio setups. For someone who makes such a request, I can provide an evaluation license that grants access to all the software's features for a limited time period. Please feel free to direct interested individuals to me.

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your personal audio installation. It is evident that you have put a great deal of thought and effort into optimizing your system for exceptional audio performance. Sharing your experience and setup details on the ASR Forum is valuable to the community, as it allows others to learn from your expertise and replicate your success.

Best regards,

Guillaume Badaut
Lupisoft
Important messages:
  1. New suggestion on ASIO I/O routing with EKIO using Voicemeeter Banana's ASIO driver without using ASIO4ALL and VB Audio Cable:
    It looks attractive and promising, even though I have not yet tested in my own multichannel audio setup since ASIO4ALL and VB Audio Cables are perfectly working.

2. If you would be interested in getting free "evaluation license code" for full-functioning EKIO (no limitation at all, except for the time-limit of evaluation period), you would please contact with Guillaume of LUPISOFT by e-mail at [email protected].

Dear Guillaume,

Thank you indeed for your quick and comprehensive response to my recent inquiry.
I always much appreciate your efforts in developing/improving EKIO, and your intensive communication with EKIO users including myself.

I fully understand all of your information, and I would like to look forward to the possible development of "EKIO ASIO I/O driver" in the (near?) future; of course, I understand well about your time constrains, so please take your enough time for feasibility and technical assessments.

I quickly read through your new tutorial information on EKIO with Voicementer eliminating ASIO4ALL and VB Audio Cable;
Yes, it looks very attractive, I will try full evaluation for it soon on my office desktop audio setup soon, and I may possibly implement in my main audio setup in downstairs listening room after fully validated.

Just let me have my generous request, please. I would highly appreciate, on the specific ASR thread, if I could refer/cite our communication here, if you have no problem.

I believe your intact wordings/descriptions should serve very nicely understanding present and future of EKIO for many audio enthu friends in ASR who would possibly contact you for "(time-limited?) evaluation license" of fully-functioning (no limitation) EKIO especially in multichannel setups.

I am looking forward to hearing your kind permission (or not) very soon.

With my very best personal regards to you, as always,

Hello ********,
Yes, of course, you can quote our conversation as you wish.
Best regards,
Guillaume Badaut
Lupisoft

Dear Guillaume,
I thank you so much for your kind permission!
I will share my new post(s) on the specific ASR thread hopefully tomorrow, and let you know the link(s) when I would finish it.
with my very best regards,

Last edited:
OP
dualazmak

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Five "real air-recorded transient-sound tracks" of Sony Super Audio Check CD played and analyzed by MusicScope 2.1.0

Note:

I posted the content of this post below in my post #117 and #124 in the remote thread entitled "Is transient response the most important thing for the perceived audio quality in a system ?". I believe it is allowed and worthwhile sharing the same on this project thread since I have been using Sony Super Audio Check CD all the way through this multichannel audio project thread.

Caution and Reminder:
Even though I refer to my YouTube video/audio clips in this post, I cannot guarantee its sound quality since I know little about YouTube's audio codec/compression, and furthermore I know nothing about your internet access environments.

I assume it would be allowed and worthwhile sharing here five "real air-recorded transient-sound tracks" of Sony Super Audio Check CD played and analyzed by MusicScope 2.1.0; please be careful to reduce playback gain/volume for the first time to listen to them.

Track-17: Low Frequency Playback Limit Check

Track-18: Sound Transient Check

Track-19: Sound Peak Power Check

Track-20: High Frequency Linearity Check

Track-26: Passive Sound Check

If you would be seriously interested in complete intact tracks of Sony Super Audio Check CD (1983), please simply PM me writing your wish.

Attachments

• SONY Super Audio Check CD_ Booklet_English by dualazmak_rev03 (3).pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Top Bottom