• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MultEQ-X software for Windows PC - anyone tried it?

eriksson

Forum Donor
Howdy.
For some reason I don't have access to the MultiEQ software for Android. Google play store says: Not available in you country, region or whatever... So I haven't been able to play with Audyssey settings in my Denon AVR.

I stumbled on this searching the web: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/multeq-x/9p0smvdtvhqj#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Description​

MultEQ-X software works as an add-on to the MultEQ system already embedded in many Denon and Marantz AVRS. Users get complete control over their target sound, with the ability to customize the frequency range and tonal balance of each individual speaker in the system. A virtual AVR is included with MultEQ-X for free in order to demonstrate the features and settings available. In order to calibrate an AVR, a license must be acquired through an in-app purchase. This license entitles the user to calibrate one AVR for the lifetime of the AVR. Licenses are per-user and per-AVR-serial-number, and are non-transferrable. More than a sleek interface to the built-in MultEQ technology, MultEQ-X decouples the delivery of technology from the delivery of hardware. It will be the first place users can experience many improvements and advancements to the MultEQ suite of software / firmware room correction that are currently under development.
Quite excited I downloaded this thing and installed on a laptop. And sure it found my AVR right away, but then it came to buying a license to calibrate the AVR. (or do anything it seems). Sure fine..... until I saw the cost, ~143 USD.

Well, before I spend 143 USD on some software to adjust my AVR I would like to know a bit more about it. Experience anyone?

Last edited:

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This may be a dumb question, but, what baseline Audyssey hardware implementation is required in order to take advantage of this new licensed app? Do you have to start with XT32, or just MultEQ, or what?

GalZohar

This may be a dumb question, but, what baseline Audyssey hardware implementation is required in order to take advantage of this new licensed app? Do you have to start with XT32, or just MultEQ, or what?
I think receivers that support the android app should work with X as well, although if you don't have XT32 you will not get much from the target curve functionality as the EQ capability is pretty bad anyway.

Top Bottom