• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MSO : minidsp vs Arendal 1723 dsp

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wasn't refering to lack of horsepower of the room correction but rather its lack of ability to EQ the subs individually (which most not-super-expensive systems can't do).

What i usually do first is I align the phase of the subwoofers by aligning the phase at the frequencies below the first room mode. phase should be fairly clean there.

Once the phase is aligned and the subwoofers are gain or SPL matched it should be more or less fine with just a singular global EQ.

GalZohar

What i usually do first is I align the phase of the subwoofers by aligning the phase at the frequencies below the first room mode. phase should be fairly clean there.

Once the phase is aligned and the subwoofers are gain or SPL matched it should be more or less fine with just a singular global EQ.

Is there any easy workaround in case the first room mode is at 20Hz and the subwoofer's lowest frequency is 18Hz, which is pretty close to the room mode?

Top Bottom