• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Scientologists, please.

E Meter teardown

1532014013639-emeter1.png

bigguyca

Molecule

Yes, we can all be pedants if we want.

If you don't understand that there is huge difference between an atom and molecule then you should consult a basic chemistry book. Have you noted the word, "Science" in the title of this site?

Trying to deflect a correction of what is a significant error with an offhand remark is childish. Can't you just write molecule and thanks? If you can't stand the heat...

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
If you don't understand that there is huge difference between an atom and molecule then you should consult a basic chemistry book. Have you noted the word, "Science" in the title of this site?

Trying to deflect a correction of what is a significant error with an offhand remark is childish. Can't you just write molecule and thanks? If you can't stand the heat...

Wow, somebody is really hoping to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Pun intended.

Yes, I understand the difference between a molecule and an atom.

That's why I used the term "molecule" the second time.

And there was no deflection in my use of the term pedant. It was pretty straight forward.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Please give an example of an atom of oxide.

I thought O2 might be "oxygen oxide" but it isn't.

The "rule" is at least one atom of oxygen combined with some other element.

Rats.

Last edited:

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
Possibly a simplistic view, but when we are still dealing with 1%>5%>10% transducer distortion, to be fixated on MQA and it's 0.000000005 % whatever possible ' improvements seems a complete waste of time, money, engineering, and whatever other resources.

A solution in search of a problem if there ever was one. Old f---s opinion:)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
to be fixated on MQA and it's 0.000000005 % whatever possible ' improvements

That's the thing... There isn't even a possible improvement. It isn't about that last order of magnitude of sinad measurements..MQA is a detrimental process.

Parzival

So much for that... :)
Yeah, what else to do, so many people resist change and a healthy debate . Some are dismissive without any substance in their responses. I am NOT prescribing things for any particular person. I was talking about the progress in the industry and hopefully a change in mainstream consumer tastes and preferences and by that corollary changing the standard of what is hires by the audiophile community. We can’t be stuckups to a 40 year CD tech.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom