• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moving from apartment to house

HorizonsEdge

GreatRoom.JPG

I currently run a Denon x1500h with HTD Level 2 L/R/C and Polk S15 surrounds. Not a subwoofer in sight because apartment but I do have bass shaker modified couch! I will use this system initially and then redeploy it to another room when this project gets done.

I am starting my planning for a proper home theater in the magnificent space you see in the image. We are calling it the Great Room. It is not the perfect theater room but it is going to be the social center of my new home. I will use the lower part of the diagram and have the TV on the left side wall.

I am looking to start 5.1 or 2 but want to have an AVR that will support 7.2 and Atmos if I want to enhance in the future. I am reaching out in a "what would you do with $4K usd" kind of post.

I will need an AVR. L/R/C speakers and 1 or 2 subwoofers. I am looking for suggestions.

I have considered waiting on JBL 590s to be on sale. Pairing them with the Monoprice THX-365C. Using my existing 530's as surrounds.
I have considered going full KEF 550s, 650C and my Q150s as surrounds.
I am partial to SVS subs. I have had a SB-1000 and found it to be quite good. Their Prime gear looks nice too.
I have been very satisfied with the Denon x1500h but it sits in a small space and this room is big. Not sure it could do it justice but I am no expert. x3700h? but I am not wedded to any particular manufacturer.
The wood floors will get a nice rug and the windows some heavy blackouts to help with the acoustics.

Thanks for your help. Please be gentle!

Top Bottom