• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movies you like but others not !!!

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Carry On Constable

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
There was a movie by the name of LXG" The league of extraordinary gentleman". I watched it in 2006 or 05.
In 2020 I recommended it to my friend but he discredited my choice. I don't know what happened! I still love that film.

The one that had Sean Connery's last movie role?

OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

Final Score 2018 - Starring dave bautista
When two terrorists kidnap ex-soldier Michael Knox's niece, he employs all of his skills to rescue her and possibly foil a plan of mass destruction as well.

Bautista will be seen in the upcoming movie Knock at the Cabin

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I heard he absolutely hatede the experience and that it was the last straw that made him quit Hollywood.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Stranger Than Fiction got good reviews, but a lot of my friends didn't like it. Maybe because it wasn't the type of humor they were expecting from Will Ferrell.

220px-Stranger_Than_Fiction_%282006_movie_poster%29.jpg

Old Listener

Kung Fu Hustle ,it is a 2004 action-comedy film directed, produced, co-written by, and starring Stephen Chow.

Kung Fu Hustle had a worldwide gross of US$101,104,669. While not a blockbuster, Kung Fu Hustle managed to become the highest-grossing foreign-language film in North America in 2005.
45373_aa.jpg

I liked the plot, whole movie was awesome and funny.
I agree. Lots of fun.

MikeT

Yea, He was gone after that movie. But I like the movie. It had few lose ends but overall a good flick to watch.

OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

ONLY 2019 - Starring Freida Pinto , Chandler, Leslie

Story - After a deadly virus kills almost all the women on earth, Eva and Will must do all they can to protect themselves from being hunted.

rate - 6/10

The best part about this movie is that the Director decided to do something different and not focus on the how the virus effected the whole world, but rather the story of how it changed the relationship and dynamics of a once loving couple separated by something they cant understand and it ends with a couple coming to the realization that even a few days truly together was alot better than a life physically together, but apart in every other way.

Freida Pinto will be seen in the upcoming movie
A Christmas Number One

524667-only-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Watched "The Last Duel" Sunday evening in 4K HDR, Atmos and it was a very impressive movie. Oscars will be given.

OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

Lion 2016 - Starring Dev Patel, Nicole Kidman, Rooney

Story - Saroo gets separated from his family at the age of five and ends up being adopted by an Australian couple. However, 25 years later, he returns to India to search for his birth parents.

Rate - 7/10

Dev Patel at his best , the Aussie Accent he catched , the spark in his eyes just define his dedication and hardwork and love for his acting !
And Sunny has potential to do so more!! He's super cute kid , the star of the movie , portrayed his Character so well , especially when he ran , it was so touching!!
Nicole plays her part really well !

Now, Seth Rogen and Elle Fanning in negotiations to join Dev Patel on the cast of Chippendales

OP
daniel_chris

daniel_chris

Isn't it romantic !!!

Story - Natalie is an architect who gets knocked unconscious during an attempted mugging and finds herself in an alternate universe that has all the elements of a romantic comedy.

Cast- Priyanka Jonas, Liam Hemsworth, Adam, Betty

i really liked this movie. it was light, funny lots of cute puns. Rebel was awesome. And its a great movie to watch i didn't think i wasted my time which i feel like watching lots of romantic comedy now a days. Everybody does justice yo their role in my opinion.

Now, Priyanka will be seen in the upcoming movie The Matrix Resurrections, starring Keanu Reeves in the lead role.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I've got this picture in my head of your friends being sick and tired of you sliding Priyanka Jonas into any conversation :D

I remember watching the first trailer for the new Matrix movie. I thought it was some sort of fan made joke. Looked really meh.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Dan Aykroyd's masterpiece...."Nothing but Trouble". Everyone I know hates it. I love it.
I love it. In my country it appeared under the name "The Road to Valkenvania"

@Martin I'll give you Cloud Atlas! For me it was absolute horror (and I'm struggling not to say how I really felt, one of the rare occasions when I wanted my money back)

Hydrav

91pQ3jzfDXL.jpg

I like this genre of post-apocalyptic movies.

I don't get the hate, people seem to dislike it because it flopped at the box office? But so what, still an entertaining movie.

Box office success is not a good measure of quality, the Transformers movies made a lot of money and I hate them!

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Planet Of the Apes movies. I loved tho originals as a kid, and like to modern ones, too. actualy it is the only media franchise I like

Top Bottom