• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movies Worth Owning

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Yes, then:

the wall.jpg

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1628622700314.png

In dawn of man all know the power and extreme value of fire, most don't know how to make it and must wait for it to occur naturally then must keep alive or steal it from others. Three Warnings: the first scene is a bit gruesome but the rest is a epic journey of three comrades in their quest for fire. 20 yr old Rae Dawn Chong one of the three is buck naked throughout. There is no dialog only grunts, groans and laughs as it predates formal language. One of my top 10 (most others have been mentioned)

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxRockbin

The movie I like to recommend is The Shawshank Redemption. I can recite every line in the movie but still don't get tired of it.

519NBNHX5BL.jpg

And this is one of those lines: "GET BUSY LIVIN', OR GET BUSY DYIN'.

shawshank-redemption.jpg
"He not busy being born is busy dying" BD 1964 "It's all right Ma (I'm only Bleeding)"

Kuppenbender

Forum Donor
Ip Man. There is a series of movies about Ip Man and all are pretty interesting with incredible fighting scenes.
The first Ip Man is definitely up there. The scene where he fights 10 Karateka is one of the best ‘one against many’ fight choreography ever.
The sequels? Not so good.

ADU

Major Contributor
I have 2000 movies all on shelves. 95% are blurays. I find them all worth owning. :p

That's alotta Blu, King_Pin!

----------------------------​

Probably goes without sayin, btw, but just becuz a movie is worth ownin doesn't necessarily mean you haz to buy it! :)

I like havin alot of my favorites and repeaters on disc, because it's just more convenient imo. And the quality is sometimes a bit better than what you can get online or elsewhere. And there can be fewer interruptions.

If streaming or renting is more your kinda thing though, then the more power to ya!

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 146735

In dawn of man all know the power and extreme value of fire, most don't know how to make it and must wait for it to occur naturally then must keep alive or steal it from others. Three Warnings: the first scene is a bit gruesome but the rest is a epic journey of three comrades in their quest for fire. 20 yr old Moon Zappa one of the three is buck naked throughout. There is no dialog only grunts, groans and laughs as it predates formal language. One of my top 10 (most others have been mentioned)
I wish it were Moon Unit Zappa, but alas I believe you are mixing her up with Rae Dawn Chong. Ms Zappa was only 13 when this was filmed. Ms Chong was 19 or 20.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
When I first viewed Under the Skin (2013) I thought it was one of the best Sci-Fi/Horror films ever made. I changed my mind. It is one of the best films ever made, period. A must own IMO.

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 8.24.27 PM.png

Top Bottom