• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movies with great music in them?

steve59

Major Contributor
Atomic blonde
Guardians of the Galaxy

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
BluesBrothers.JPG

StarisBorn.JPG

Brianc

Not everyone liked The Artist (2011) and how it used old film scores, but I thought it was well done. Also don't get why using old film scores is unoriginal but using old pop music isn't.

JeremyFife

So many films, so little time :) Classic: Trop belle pour toi (Shubert is practically part of the cast)

Midnight Audiophile

heavymetal1981.20081.jpg

Heavy Metal (1981)

That time Stephen King directed his own movie and AC/DC did the soundtrack:

Maximum Overdrive (1986)

Last edited:

krott5333

Secret Life of Walter Mitty has a great soundtrack.

DonDish

LOTR/ROP S01ep04. At 50.25 Big chested dwarven princess Disa does her solo. Great singing and scene mixing.

Herbert

This brought me into Filmmaking...
Also the opening credits are just great - Film Music in every sense:

Herbert

I hope this one works and it can be played outside the Netherlands.
I saw this documentary as a teenager and was absolutely amazed by the music used.
You can hear it in the beginning and again later in the documentary. at 39:30
But the music was not mentioned in the credits and though I forgot the details of the documentary
and the music I did not forget the goosebumps.
It took about 30 years to find out who the composer was, William Joseph Russo

Last edited:

onemax

I think that The Lion King has great music. The songs in the movie are catchy and well-written, and they help to advance the plot. The music also does a good job of conveying the emotions of the characters, making the film more enjoyable and immersive. Another great thing about The Lion King's music is that it features a lot of different styles, from traditional African chants to Broadway-style showtunes. This variety helps to keep the soundtrack interesting and exciting, and it makes it one of the best movie musicals of all time.

concorde1

"Once Upon a Time in America" has a wonderful orchestral soundtrack by Ennio Morricone that complements the movie perfectly. The tunes capture the atmosphere of dreariness and regret while being very moving.

"The Deer Hunter" has the tune Cavatina performed by John Williams - the song basically made me weep during the movie. Also has Can't Take My Eyes Off You directly before the war scenes which highlights the love of the group of friends and the focus on the marriage that has just taken place. Big contrast with the war.

And of course "Pink Floyd: The Wall" has a fantastic album in it.

steve59

Major Contributor
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.
Atomic Blonde.
Air.
Dead Presidents.

MarcT

Forum Donor
I just streamed the Mary Shelley's Frankenstein soundtrack. Very nice orchestral soundtrack.

Top Bottom