• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movies that should but don't win oscars. My pic this year.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
That looks like something I should watch someday.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Me too. Just saw a reference to it on CNN. They were saying that the FEMA funding for people from Puerto Rico who were staying there had just come to an end (but got extended by another month after protests).

OP
Rod

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Its very realistic about were kids come from in the foster care system. My wife and I had some of these kids in our home. There story's were awful for a lot of them.

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I dont want to imply its all the kids, for example sometimes its economic. There was one child that a young family(from another state, new in this state) was living in a car and had no means of support. The good thing was they got back on there feet and got there kids back. There are good outcomes.

beeface

The Florida Project was probably my favourite film from last year.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I bought the Blu-ray back in February, and after watching it back then I gave it 4.25 stars out of 5. I liked it, very. It's simple but it was a great break from all the comic superheroes with intergalactic explosions and big laser guns constantly assaulting the senses like the news channels on TV...FOX and CNN.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Although I liked the movie, I didn't feel much empathy for Halley, nor Moonee.

Was I supposed to?

---

I stayed in some motels similar to that, during my early travel years at work.

One place, down in South Texas, one of the Office Ladies took a few days off to be on the Jerry Springer Show.

Too bad I don't remember the episode or topic, seems like it was something to do with her daughter.

Here it is! Still there...

upload_2018-5-3_3-28-19.png

Top Bottom