• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

North_Sky

Major Contributor
'The Grandmaster' (2013)

formdissolve

Forum Donor
I used to listen to this all the time in my car, and sometimes would play the final fight scene music in a mix while DJ'ing

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hadn't seen this thread before. I maintain a growing library of movie and video game soundtracks. I prefer the theatrical scores vs ones with popular music.

bt3

So Hitchcock film composer Bernard Harrmann has to be mentioned. One of the best in the trade. Explanation mark. Also love recording Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone. The latter passed recently. He was one of the masters for compelling film scores. I too enjoy the original Grim Fandango soundtrack composed for the digital game. Yes plead guilty to mentioning a compilation of tracks on one hand, and a soundtrack that's not a film soundtrack on the other, but trust you'll overlook my indulgences once you listen to this music.

Last edited:

Herbert

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Bernhard Herrmann? A shame we forgot him.
But I will never forget the day I purchased "Taxi Driver" @Rasputin in Berkeley
because in the night I would watch the Keith Jarrett Trio at Mansonic Hall.
I think the date was Jan.29 1999.
Anyway, Taxi Driver was easy to find no soundtrack section without it.
But in the version I bought "Thank God for the Rain" was NOT dubbed over by Robert deNiros famous monologue.
A very rare release back then, now on youtube: Thank God for the Rain - YouTube
Herman´s best and AKAIK recorded the day before his death on December 24th, 1975 - almost 45 years ago.

Mindcool

Forum Donor

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought I posted this once before, but I don't see it now. The soundtrack from the 2010 remake of True Grit.

Top Bottom