• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

Katji

Major Contributor
The Ninth Gate (Roman Polanski) - Soundtrack by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra:
[...]
Fits perfectly with the movie's suspense/themes.
I like Roman Polanski. And Nastasja Kinski. Cat People, David Bowie, Giorgio Moroder...

Katji

Major Contributor
I need to post about where I can get good films.....like mainly European with subtitles // iow, film festival type films.

DWPress

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Star Wars! I destroyed 2 eight track tapes of the original John Williams score listening to it over and over again while playing with the figures when I was a kid. Can probably still hum the whole thing in my head. :cool:

Swtoby

Star Wars! I destroyed 2 eight track tapes of the original John Williams score listening to it over and over again while playing with the figures when I was a kid. Can probably still hum the whole thing in my head. :cool:
I credit the 2 LP set of The Empire Strikes Back getting me into music.

oldmanhifi

Cinema Paradiso
Once Upon a Time in America
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Mission
(I see a trend here-the late great Ennio Morricone)

FTB

James Newton Howard - A hidden life

And the movie is so deeply powerful... As Tree of Life. Absolutely love Terrence Malick's works.

The full Interstellar soundtrack is pretty enjoyable as "Mountains" previously posted :

Ok well, it's very very inspired by Koyaanisqatsi from Glass :

Both are good.

Malick and Zimmer again using these beautiful traditional Melanesian choirs :

It must be the choirs sung in paradise.

Neil Young's Dead Man soundtrack. Jim Jarmusch's revival of the Acid Western.

It features music from the film, plus Johnny Depp reading William Blake poetry, plus dialogue from the film, and there's a couple of tracks that feature music from the film with a car idling buried in the mix despite the film being set in the 19th Century.

Between Neil Young and Jim Jarmusch is was probably going to be a bit weird, though.

the_hamster 2

The Third Man…Anton Karas’ zither set the mood throughout the film.

Breaker Morant…and from the final scene:

Last edited:

Urgelle

The City of lost children

and the King and the Mockingbird,

Both great movies.

Fahzz

Forum Donor
I liked these so much I went out and bought them, plus the movies are excellent too:

The Harder They Come
Once Were Warriors
Local Hero
Ascenseur Pour L'echafaud
Alfie

Katji

Major Contributor
I liked these so much I went out and bought them, plus the movies are excellent too:

The Harder They Come
That's obvious. hmm, I dunno, I suppose I saw it like 30> years ago [?]...maybe I'm confused with something else.

... ----->

....... :rolleyes: Trust Rolling Stone magazine to call it a "rock film."

Last edited:

Fahzz

Forum Donor
I'm surprised no one has remade this into a present day version. Renegade musician, precursor to social media, injustice, oppression and music. Replace The reggae with rap???

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well, if we include games OSTs, then there is a lot of incredible stuff. Octopath Travelers and Transistor have incredible STs.

Urgelle

Any movie or series soundtrack composed by François de Roubaix is good it seems, even Chapi Chapo.

vilnis

This film was banned in the Soviet Union because of the song lyrics and the context of the film. The theme of the film is still relevant today. It is a pity that the language barrier does not allow you to enjoy this work of art.

Katji

Major Contributor
This film was banned in the Soviet Union because of the song lyrics and the context of the film. The theme of the film is still relevant today. It is a pity that the language barrier does not allow you to enjoy this work of art.
The barrier I have is I don't know where to get good films, European/Russian, with English subtitles. It seems I can get many on VK but most don't have subtitles. I have no streaming, so far, just computer and Youtube - and VK. ...So I think I need to find some "alternative" source.

Honken

Neil Young's Dead Man soundtrack. Jim Jarmusch's revival of the Acid Western.

It features music from the film, plus Johnny Depp reading William Blake poetry, plus dialogue from the film, and there's a couple of tracks that feature music from the film with a car idling buried in the mix despite the film being set in the 19th Century.

Between Neil Young and Jim Jarmusch is was probably going to be a bit weird, though.
Definitely an OST that fits in this thread, I don't personally care much for Neil Young but he nailed it with this soundtrack. It is definitely one of those soundtracks that elevate the movie it is accompanying. Don't get me wrong, the movie is good on its own - but combined with the soundtrack the experience is sublime.

Top Bottom