• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

nerdstrike

While I realise this is something of a Hans Zimmer love-in, I'm a sucker for "Roll Tide" from Crimson Tide.

Also, not a movie, but Ramin Djawadi's work on the Westworld series is excellent

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
One of my all time favorite Movies and sound tracks:

1619698866224.jpeg

MrOtto

I just watched the Danish film "Another round" A movie that has everything, including a good soundtrack (and even an audiophile equipment setup in some scenes).
Edit: I meant to post a playlist, but only one track is played. Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtu0brZtsOhg1Lz6J4ZEoGxjFJWuFKo_V
Edit: Youtube is missing the classical tracks: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4kar6tQw9zfH7A4I450PlD?si=00cfd587a3ca4e67
An American version is also coming, going: https://deadline.com/2021/04/anothe...ndeavor-content-thomas-vinterberg-1234744200/

Last edited:

CTRLM

I saw and enjoyed this movie recently. Even more so - I loved the haunting soundtrack by Stephen McKeon:

Rose Plays Julie.jpeg

It's on Spotify.

Herbert

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Movie Soundtracks from a different perspective: I have finished my documentary debut as a director early July, chances are very high that this
film will get a distribution and will also be accepted at international film festivals. I am doing english subtitles this very moment.
I would like to present the music I took. The composer / performer is a close friend so the soundtrack is definately set...

I am very happy to announce that my documentary has it's world premiere at the Berlin International Film Festival, "Berlinale".
So anyone in Berlin can hear the soundtrack from Gert Anklam in an open air cinema.:)
Screening dates and locations will be published on May 20 on the Berlinale website, www.berlinale.de

Freeway

Blaspheme

Erika M. Anderson's soundtrack for Tara Subkoff's film #HORROR is a good listen. You may have heard EMA's 2011 album Past Life Matyred Saints. This is a bit different rom that.

4a3ee2ab5ce7163cc0b5a2857ae52ebc.jpg

There are a few sonic nods to John Carpenter, György Ligeti and others. And a review on Pitchfork. It's not on Youtube or Vimeo to listen to—also a bit tricky to search for a name that's also a generic hashtag—so try your streaming service of choice The film itself is visually sumptuous—Subkoff is a fashionista, so not unexpected.

Speaking of György Ligeti, Mica Levi's soundtrack for Under the Skin (also reviewed by Pitchfork) does more than nod in that direction:

And some of Ligeti:

Last edited:
Top Bottom