• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

mounting HW for ceiling speaker

s002wjh

so i heard in-ceiling speaker just not as good as normal bookshelf speaker mounted on ceiling and point at MLP, is this true? also, i can't seem to find a good ceiling mount hardware for speakers. anyone know one?

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
so i heard in-ceiling speaker just not as good as normal bookshelf speaker mounted on ceiling and point at MLP, is this true?
That would depend on the speakers. The best bookshelves are probably better than the best ceiling speakers and of course there are a lot more bookshelf speakers to choose from. I THINK I've seen some in-ceiling speakers with a tweeter that can be aimed.

i can't seem to find a good ceiling mount hardware for speakers. anyone know one?
That would also depend on the speaker and you 'd probably have to drill holes in it. You might have to make something or adapt something from the hardware store. Google found these.

...My rear speakers are large (supposed to be floor-standing) hanging on the wall with chains, pointed down, near the ceiling above my couch. I drilled holes and installed 4 eye-bolts in the back panels.

Doctors11

so i heard in-ceiling speaker just not as good as normal bookshelf speaker mounted on ceiling and point at MLP, is this true? also, i can't seem to find a good ceiling mount hardware for speakers. anyone know one?
Maybe look for speakers that have VESA mounts on the back.

Top Bottom