• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Motu m4 error

Hi there, is anyone aware of a problem with the Motu m4 where there level meters don't appear after switching the device on? I attach a photo. I did the factory reset as described in the manual, a firmware update was not successful. The problem consists in combination with Mac OS Mojave and with Catalina as well. I use a brand new Róde Pod Mic. The XLR cable is ok. Everything worked perfectly and without any changes of the setup or procedure, this issue appeared. Thank you so much in advance for any hints! Best regards, Christopher
46EF5EE8-C396-4911-8FEA-CAAABA50FE15.jpeg

Promit

I have not had anything like this from my m2 either.

OP
B
Dear colleagues,
I would like to keep you up to date and leave my information for those who may encounter this problem later.

I now have contacted the support of the manufacturer. The staff asked me if I connect the Motu M4 directly with USB-C or with an adapter. I tried both the direct connection, the connection with an adapter and various USB-C cables, but unfortunately, this was not my problem.

After that and in consideration of the above-mentioned steps, which I had clarified, Motu-Support asked me to contact the reseller to discuss repair or replacement and now I am waiting for an answer.

One more thing had come to my attention. I had listened to the last audio recording I had made a few days before the fault occurred. It was a screencast of about 20 minutes. And in the last third of the recording, there was a slight hum that had never been heard before. Maybe something had crept in at that moment.

Okay, so far. Thanks again for your attention and comments.

Best wishes from Barcelona, Spain.

OP
B
Nothing new from my side. I am still waiting for a response from the reseller. Due to Corona everything seems to go a little slower these days.

Kbs

Hello. I'm having the exact same problem. my LCD is appear only white color... T.T You have a solutions?
KakaoTalk_20200730_230503700.jpg

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
You mean, other than sending the defective one back and getting a replacement?

The display is either not getting any data or its signal electronics have a problem. Either something is not plugged in or soldered correctly, or the problem is within the display module itself even (displays are generally bought off the shelf).

This is actually not the exact same problem the OP had. That one looked more like something crashing/hanging or a signal transmission issue. Possibly a somewhat corrupted firmware ROM that a reflash might solve.

OP
B
Dear forum members. I would like to give you an update on my case (see above). After !5 months! of communicating back and forth with the service of the reseller they have not been able to reproduce the error I had. Although I tested my device with several computers and the same booting error showed up every time. So unfortunately I did not get an answer. Finally the reseller did replace my device with a used one they had in stock. This one works properly. Sorry for not having a satisfying answer for all of you who run into the same problem.

jfetter

Forum Donor
Hi there, is anyone aware of a problem with the Motu m4 where there level meters don't appear after switching the device on? I attach a photo. I did the factory reset as described in the manual, a firmware update was not successful. The problem consists in combination with Mac OS Mojave and with Catalina as well. I use a brand new Róde Pod Mic. The XLR cable is ok. Everything worked perfectly and without any changes of the setup or procedure, this issue appeared. Thank you so much in advance for any hints! Best regards, Christopher View attachment 58931
Just wondering if possibly the protective shipping cover should be removed?
It can build up a high es charge. A small amount of clear polmolive will kill the charge.
Analog meters too will malfunction with es charge on housing.
But in this case the organic display polarizes completely.
its an interesting problem.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
ympo from ixbt forum has a phantom power issue with his M4: https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=90:4600-10. @Alex___ seems to be a forum member there, so probably he will let us know if some other M4 issues will appear. I've ordered an M4 today and I wonder if the next batch (will get in the stores in 4 months from now) will be more reliable.

Top Bottom