• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most smoothed frequency response ever? Ex Machina Quasar MKII

Digital_Thor

Did you finish a speaker project with those drivers by any chance? Searching for that driver unit here one only finds this:

No more detailed on- and off-axis measurements of the finished product, unfortunately — actually there is some on the PDF! But the colors were so faded I could not clearly see… 0, 15, 30, 45, and 60.
I kinda did. The boxes are still only test boxes, but everything plays nicely. I can make my measurements again tomorrow and see if they fit the findings of Erin's:

Digital_Thor

These are my findings. Calibrated mic, soundcard with loop-back and ASIO. PCM 96kHz. Gated within the time, just where the pulse start and the first floor bump hits the mic.

Seas Coax mid.jpg
Seas Coax tweeter.jpg

Digital_Thor

This summer has been too busy for me - but I feel like jumping back on some projects again :)
I just reread my post's in this thread and have some more info in a few days, since I have made some test-boxes with 2 x 8" SB NRX and the Seas C18 on top. Hopefully, it can bring a bit of data to the possibilities for better DIY projects :)

Top Bottom