• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most important speakers after LCR

I have a 7.2.4 system I currently have a 2ch amp on my front soundstage. On Monday I’m adding a 5ch sunfire amp. My debate is 1 whether I should passively biamp my mains Martin Logan theos. And even if I don’t biamp after my mains and center which speakers in the system will get the most benefit from better/more power? My assumption is rear L&R followed by surround backs then front height/atmos then rear height/atmos? Any input or data. I feel like my atmos speakers may actually be used more than surround back for some reason?

For more info I have Martin Logan theos mains, motion c2 center, an anthem 200wx2 amp and am getting a sunfire cinema grand 5ch 200wx5. My thought is to use the sunfire to biamp my front mains and run my center then power the next two with the anthem or perhaps sell the anthem and just run them off my denon X3700H. Alternatively I may just use all 7 channels of amplification on my bottom 7channels and run my 4 atmos only on the denon until I get a final 4channel amp allowing me to run all channels in pre-out mode. FYI all my rear and atmos speakers are 8ohm speakers so will be less power hungry than the Marlo’s.

Top Bottom