• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most Hyperbolic Review Phrases

Phelonious Ponk

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any time anything other than the speaker or the room creates an expansion of the sound stage?

Tim

iridium

Just ordered 10.
I will daisy-chain them.
Then I alone will have the game-game-game-game-game-game-game-game-game-game changer.

iridium.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I used these as bondage restraints....now that was a GAME CHANGER :D
image.jpeg

OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
I love it when people say "Period." A judge once said that to me at a prelimary hearing on a bullshit family violence case after she ruled against me. It was funny to me because I got the case dismissed a few months later. IMO, people say "period" when they've run out of good rhetoric and they don't want to continue on with a discussion knowing they are getting their ass kicked in the court of public opinion.

Cosmik

Major Contributor
OP
dallasjustice

dallasjustice

Major Contributor

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I love it when people say "Period." A judge once said that to me at a prelimary hearing on a bullshit family violence case after she ruled against me. It was funny to me because I got the case dismissed a few months later. IMO, people say "period" when they've run out of good rhetoric and they don't want to continue on with a discussion knowing they are getting their ass kicked in the court of public opinion.
As a young boy in a household of women I learnt it's best to close your ears and walk away when you hear the word 'period'... Its certainly effective as a mechanism to end a discussion for me still to this day regardless of context :eek:

TBone

Major Contributor
As a young boy in a household of women I learnt it's best to close your ears and walk away when you hear the word 'period'... Its certainly effective as a mechanism to end a discussion for me still to this day:eek:

... when I was the only man in a home w\sync'd woman, period meant a 5 day fishing trip.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Andre used to swear by DLNA and Bryston DLNA streamer. Interesting how he now sings the praises of microRendu. I think he is the best friend of anyone building audio products that loans him something to review.

What is bizarre to me is the ritual of listing albums and tracks listened by the reviewer as if those the proof points for anything.

iridium

Andre used to swear by DLNA and Bryston DLNA streamer. Interesting how he now sings the praises of microRendu. I think he is the best friend of anyone building audio products that loans him something to review.

What is bizarre to me is the ritual of listing albums and tracks listened by the reviewer as if those the proof points for anything.

??? LOAN = how many Years ??? my old feeble brain sometimes forgets!

iridium.

TBone

Major Contributor

well, that may not be entirely fair ... during a past discussion with Andre, I suggested my main pet peeve with most reviewers as a major lack of pressing information. For real comparison purposes, it's important to identify a dynamically capable original, or similar remaster, or perhaps a highly compressed version ... really helps relate apples to oranges, so to speak.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How long did Fremer keep those cables after the review ? What "Game Changer" cables is he using currently?

Phelonious Ponk

Freer smokes the crack. Or drinks the cool-aide. We shouldn't even have a serious discussion of Fremer on a site with a mission such as this one's.

Tim

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
"makes everything else sound broken"

That's what I use.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Five thumbs up for that Cosmik, just bookmarked it.
If you verbally relayed it and I hadn't read it, I wouldn't have believed it.
WAY over the top. LOL
Thank You

I remember those. Basically opto-coupler IC's. I thought it was the best cable review they ever did. Why? Because they included measurements, and the measurements indicated those really did have a sound and largely why. Sort of like the cable version of a tube coloration without the tubes. Should be the template for all their cable reviews.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If that is not OK please advise so that I can quickly remove this ...

JA conclusion is startling... especially after MF effusions ...
If this review were of a conventional product, I would dismiss it as being broken. Ultimately, no matter what someone might think of its sound—and Michael Fremer is one the most skilled listeners I know of—I really don't see how the CyberLight P2A and Wave cables can be recommended. I am puzzled that Harmonic Technology, which makes good-sounding, reasonably priced conventional cables, would risk their reputation with something as technically flawed as the CyberLight.
Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/...nterconnects-measurements#kVorIKhD6HrGC1Tp.99

Top Bottom