• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most expensive speaker??????

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

Renato

Para um cone whizzer .. Por favor, diga-me que a parte de trás tem mais a oferecer. : D
Due_Acryl.jpg

:legal:eek:_O

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's some very sophisticated stuFF.
They are available commercially now.

Explanations with animation.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've never heard a single driver whizzer cone speaker other than the stuff I made when I was ~12 years old.
I built one once. Old Radio shack had a decent one. 8 inch with whizzer. Really would work from around 36 hz to 12 kHz. I also built a box transmission line style. Folded and stuffed to work at 42 hz. This driver was efficient too. It sounded good and dynamic. But there was only a small, small sweet spot worse than a panel speaker. The foam surround didn't hold up past 6 years however.

Mine was a slim deep floorstander, and only cost about $100 and some time.

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
WFS is good, of course, but it's hard to make that many ACCURATE loudspeakers. I prefer something that requires less speakers, but fulfills the perceptual requirements, at least for human listening.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
DUE+short+1100.jpg

Only USD 129.000,00 :facepalm::eek:

K

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
DUE+short+1100.jpg

Only USD 129.000,00 :facepalm::eek:

Attach a string and it will fly. Sure it will measure well. Can the 3 or 4 owners mail one in to Amir?

j_j

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
We agree. But why pick on the shorts. Longs have done well lately. As long as you designate as professional day trader, wash sales are deductible. Now that avoids.

Because shorts divorce the value of a stock from the value of the company? Was that your point? It's pretty much true. Arbitrage is killing us all even when we "make" money. Ask Game Stop.

caught gesture

Forum Donor
WFS is good, of course, but it's hard to make that many ACCURATE loudspeakers. I prefer something that requires less speakers, but fulfills the perceptual requirements, at least for human listening.
Why is it hard to make “that many ACCURATE loudspeakers”? If one can be made, many can be made. It just comes down to QC.

caught gesture

Forum Donor
Have you ever measured 20 drivers out of the box?
No I haven’t. This is a thread is about the most expensive speakers. Having stringent quality control, rejecting drivers that are not within defined tolerances, would increase the cost. With accurate testing equipment, it is in no way impossible or even difficult.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No I haven’t. This is a thread is about the most expensive speakers. Having stringent quality control, rejecting drivers that are not within defined tolerances, would increase the cost. With accurate testing equipment, it is in no way impossible or even difficult.
KEF was qualifying drivers in the early/mid 80's and provided matched pairs of drivers for the Reference Series. Not sure if it was computerized but, that is a bit early for that?

Top Bottom