• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most cringeworthy Movie Cliche.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Go on, what are your favorites.

Let me kick it off with a couple:

"Lock-n-load" normally yelled in an unconvincing gruff bellow as butch marine types go into battle. I wince everytime.

And my personal pet hate:
Red wire blue wire, and a pair of wavering wire cutters. Why do directors/writers think this lends any sort of credibilty or plot jeopardy after all this time?

Do your worst....

Chester

Any time a teenage boy with a passing interest in computers can use his run of the mill laptop to integrate/hack/reprogram a high security/futuristic/alien system….and let’s not forget, nearly always completely effortlessly.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
And my personal pet hate:
Red wire blue wire, and a pair of wavering wire cutters. Why do directors/writers think this lends any sort of credibilty or plot jeopardy after all this time?
That's the thing. They used this in the latest Star Trek movie! You would think they would at least graduate to an app on a smartphone to wirelessly disarm the thing....

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1676676048213.jpeg

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
That's the thing. They used this in the latest Star Trek movie! You would think they would at least graduate to an app on a smartphone to wirelessly disarm the thing....
I know, right? They could have a red and blue button. :cool:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
(while trying to ignore the obvious sexism in the cartoon)
Well my wife laughed so I thought it was okay, also I'm color blind and victim of much high jinx and ridicule. :facepalm: Couldn't read a resistor if I had to.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Any car chase in which a van/taxi/jeep etc can keep up with a supercar, boils my piss.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Back on topic...
I can't stand it when when someone gets punched in the face five time, jumps out of second story window and falls on ground, gets right up, then gets hit by a car, slides off the roof, gets up again and runs after and catches the bad guy like nothing has happened.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Back on topic...
I can't stand it when when someone gets punched in the face five time, jumps out of second story window and falls on ground, gets right up, then gets hit by a car, slides off the roof, gets up again and runs after and catches the bad guy like nothing has happened.
Does it have to be in that order?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
  1. Leaving restaurants without apparently paying
  2. Making plans to meet someone but not saying where or when with enough detail to actually meet
  3. Successfully hiding behind stuff that is in no way bulletproof to avoid getting shot (car doors, etc)

The worst one though, is probably the space alien invader. So you mean to tell me they have interstellar ships and are literally lightyears beyond human tech. Which means they have their pick of uninhabited planets everywhere between here and where they came from. And yet they're so incompetent that they not only pick an inhabited planet to steal resources from or whatever, but they LOSE A WAR against the inhabitants that are so woefully underprepared they didn't even know aliens existed until last week? Sure...

Signs by M Night Shyamalan was the worst example of this. Aliens who presumably know they are deathly allergic to water invade a planet that's 70% covered in water? A planet where water falls out of the sky on a regular basis...? A planet where deadly (to you, the alien idiot) water guns are commonly given to children as toys? They really sent their B-team to invade earth, huh? Perhaps the invasion force assignment was punishment for terminal morons on their home planet...

This makes just a little more sense than vampires invading the surface of the sun. God, I was pissed off about that movie.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

posvibes

The same detective asking the the same coroner case after case "time of death" the coroner gives him an estimate and says we'll know more later, the detective wants it as quick as possible , the coroner exasperated says he has a backlog but get will do the best they can. End scene.

Top Bottom