• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

redshift

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Kidneys for sale, who wants a kidney?

And this boys and girls is why I drink Japanese whiskey. Oh wait, that may devaluate my kidney, oh well.

The scent of wood, rubber and a slight whiff of leather and motor oil must be off the charts in that room.

I wonder if it sounds good tho? Besides, a few obvious things missing. A few bicycles and motorcycles.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

mononoaware

Keep in mind though that as nice as the old Paragons might look for some, they don't really sound that great, their 65 year old engineering shows there.

Never mind that. . . where are you gonna put the damn thing?

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fredoamigo

Forum Donor
There are many speakers of this generation and more recent which rely on their legends and nobody ever saw their data. I would be very curious to see complete data of Kinoshita REY AUDIO RM6 or TAD TAD 2401 even if they should not really be bad since it was State of The Art of the time ...

redshift

You can use it nowadays as a sideboard to place your 82" TV on it. :p

Is it possible to store old Hifi rags from the 60’s and 70’s in those holes?

How about shoving Toole’s book in there; would that enhance the sound?

I tried to bash that book on my forehead. It didn’t help. Is there a manual that describes how that piece of literature should be operated? I’m confused.

Blaspheme

Is it possible to store old Hifi rags from the 60’s and 70’s in those holes?

How about shoving Toole’s book in there; would that enhance the sound?

I tried to bash that book on my forehead. It didn’t help. Is there a manual that describes how that piece of literature should be operated? I’m confused.
Sounds like you were doing it wrong. Place the book on the floor first, kneel, then bash your head against it.

redshift

Sounds like you were doing it wrong. Place the book on the floor first, kneel, then bash your head against it.

Oh ic, k thx!

I knew something wasn’t right. It is obviously not my fault right? So is the mat supposed to be correctly aligned to California?

Would it make a difference if my rear end is vectored toward that direction? Oh noes if I unlearn a lot then? o_O

1626598945889.jpeg

Xombul

Forum Donor
The brand new is waterfall audio. They design loudspeakers with a glass-made cabinet and they are very nice looking. Sound quality wise, I don't know if it is a good idea, but for sure, measuring one sample will hurt amirm's back.

mononoaware

The brand new is waterfall audio. They design loudspeakers with a glass-made cabinet and they are very nice looking. Sound quality wise, I don't know if it is a good idea, but for sure, measuring one sample will hurt amirm's back.

Reminds me of the curved glass building they made in London.
Apparently the terrible design caused the building together with the sun to melt passing cars and damage other things which could ultimately cause a fire.

Found it, the building was nicknamed the “Walkie Scorchie”.

Last edited:

mononoaware

Is there a manual that describes how that piece of literature should be operated?

Try this method I always use.

Place the book in the bookshelf upon arrival, and never touch it again for the rest of your life.
This way the contents of the book telepathically transmit to your brain slowly over many years with minimum energy consumption.
One could even describe the method as “ideal”.

redshift

Try this method I always use.

Place the book in the bookshelf upon arrival, and never touch it again for the rest of your life.
This way the contents of the book telepathically transmit to your brain slowly over many years with minimum energy consumption.
One could even describe the method as “ideal”.

Great idea!

If some incompetent unwittingly dares to challenge your expertise. Rip the the book out of the bookshelf, then proceed with bashing their ignorant foreheads into enlightenment.

Now I see.
1626603039433.gif

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
;) I've heard that before!
Some people don't believe they are speakers until they turn on and play.
Another thing I've often heard is that they are hard to pinpoint as sound sources. They disperse the sound very wide due to the tweeter firing upwards into an acoustic lens that disperses the sound evenly in an horizontal plane. It is licensed from this company: https://www.sausalitoaudio.com/data/

(I plan to measure them after a few weeks, when I have some time off)
Please do. I have found the Beolab 5 to be superb in the past . Wouldn’t mind a used pair. They are remain however, relatively expensive on the used market.

mononoaware

Last edited:

redshift

What part of “never touch it again for the rest of your life” did you not understand?
Any further physical contact with the book compromises the alignment of the telepathic transmission.

If someone challenges you, you simply respond with a proverbial phrase.
From this list is preferred:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proverbial_phrases

My favourite is probably “a cat may look at a king”.

Oopsie, well, fair enough. You should have used comic sans, capitalized with the bold button slammed.

Here’s an interesting phrase that could fit in the context.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_glitters_is_not_gold

I hereby challenge you to out-context me with another proverbial phrase that ‘fits like a fist in the eye’.

Good luck you blithering amateur!

Blaspheme

What part of “never touch it again for the rest of your life” did you not understand?
Any further physical contact with the book compromises the alignment of the telepathic transmission.
Before mastering telepathy, the neophyte must dutifully undertake the twice blinded trials—rejecting the duplicity of stereophony—only when they can "hear without seeing" are the Tooles of objectivity revealed.

Last edited:

mononoaware

Oopsie, well, fair enough. You should have used comic sans, capitalized with the bold button slammed.

Here’s an interesting phrase that could fit in the context.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_that_glitters_is_not_gold

I hereby challenge you to out-context me with another proverbial phrase that ‘fits like a fist in the eye’.

Good luck you blithering amateur!

Aphorism. . . “Greek” something something. . .

Ok you win.

(This is an advanced proverbial phrase the game continues to which you are meant to reply “No you.” to which I reply “No you.” And it goes on and on and on until our inevitable decomposition)

This is the way of the universe, particles continue to constantly flatter each other until eventually they all cease to exist.

Non-existence is something to be embraced and renounced in one singular non-existent motion.

Make me a cake and I shall throw it straight into the bin.

mononoaware

Classic_lifestyle_product-page-768x414.jpg

Top Bottom