• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Look what have I found!
w00t_1.gif
a mint Jamo D 830/Concert 8... and it's beautiful and sounds great as well.

View attachment 141688View attachment 141689View attachment 141690View attachment 141691View attachment 141692View attachment 141693

I like my speaker cones like I like my coffee - black. :p

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
this one i would like to see at amirm because they look seriously designed ..

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Marc v E

Major Contributor
I still like the looks of the beolab 9, although beauty is probably in the eye of the beholder. They look unobtrusive, the cloth covering comes in many colours and the aluminium was chosen because it works well in all kind of interiors. Fun facts: they always turn heads and everybody who comes around asks what they are. They look like techno pinguins or aliens to me and in fact the back looks nice too. (According to my mother: nicer than the front ;))
Screenshot_20210717-083701_Gallery.jpg

mononoaware

I still like the looks of the beolab 9, although beauty is probably in the eye of the beholder. They look unobtrusive, the cloth covering comes in many colours and the aluminium was chosen because it works well in all kind of interiors. Fun facts: they always turn heads and everybody who comes around asks what they are. They look like techno pinguins or aliens to me and in fact the back looks nice too. (According to my mother: nicer than the front ;))
View attachment 141746

I prefer Beolab 90 design.

Somehow Beolab 90 still manages to look like a speaker, which would fall under one of the principles of good design by Dieter Rams.
I am probably butchering this but something like: the product should resemble it’s intended function. . .

TankTop

View attachment 141746
Does that take essential oils and how often do you need to put water in it?

Marc v E

Major Contributor
Does that take essential oils and how often do you need to put water in it?
;) I've heard that before!
Some people don't believe they are speakers until they turn on and play.
Another thing I've often heard is that they are hard to pinpoint as sound sources. They disperse the sound very wide due to the tweeter firing upwards into an acoustic lens that disperses the sound evenly in an horizontal plane. It is licensed from this company: https://www.sausalitoaudio.com/data/

(I plan to measure them after a few weeks, when I have some time off)

Last edited:

Ken1951

View attachment 141746
I'm sure the Beolabs sound good, but every time I walked into the room I'd freak and think the Daleks had invaded the house!

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom