• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd love to see the NEHD measured.

Unusual construction for the LAT 250 driver. It looks like parallel dynamic units? Hard to see.

View attachment 95993
View attachment 95994

View attachment 95992

10x 2.5" or so diaphragms. It works like conventional H-frame or derived subwoofers with the motor on each end connecting half the membranes via connecting rods. The membranes operate in reverse direction but same polarity to squeeze the sound through the surrounding slits. This means vibration cancellation as well as higher output.

Heil had the Transar woofers way back, and BohZen has their similar version now. It seems Tymphany sunk a lot of change into that direction and they did not last long. Alpine used a 700 series LAT in an offering for the car awhile back too.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
o_O
FB_IMG_1606477834171.jpg

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Time to shut down the thread.:cool:

I can't wait to see the next generation of these as the 2 hour factory tour video indicated more 5-axis CNC machines on the way for the cabinet shop and I assume that means waveguide/baffles like the Kanta has will be introduced to these TOTL models. I sure hope they keep the Walnut/Ivory.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The people responsible for these started off Raido which they then sold on and started Borresen, linked also to Aavik, which sell a 35 grand integrated with a beautiful case and using B&O class d amp modules.
The Raido speakers I have seen tests of on HiFi News have had hideous performance but also look beautiful.
40,000 Guineas!

Habu

rocknss

For a few decades now I've watched Bill Dudleston of Legacy Audio in Springfield IL build some of the most beautiful speakers I ever laid eyes on.
Fit and finish is impeccable as witnessed both via the net and in person at various audio show. Sound quality appeared to be on the same level during limited listening sessions..

RW_Whisper.png
Valor_front_and_back_434_564.jpg
Legacy_V_Rosewood_Rear_434_723.jpg

First saw the Whisper in a Stereo Review almost 30 years ago. Finally acquired a pair a year and a half ago.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I don't think they can hold a candle to the B&W Nautilus system. Bit of a price difference though:
No way I could ever live with that modern art design of the B&W's, basically the exact same way I feel about the Vivid Giva line.
Sorry, don't mean to insult anyones taste, I know one man's ceiling is another man's floor, but I just could never live with either of these, no matter how they may sound.

Zog

^My view of the B&W Nautilus is the opposite-that it's so beautiful, if it were just a piece of art that emitted no sound i'd still love to have it
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no way I would have a giant snail in my house. Maybe they belong on a Star Trek set, maybe they belong in a Cambrian museum. Maybe they belong in Captain Nemo's submarine. I would wear a one kg faux gold chain with a pepsi bottle cap for a medallion before I insulted my guests with such a monstrosity. This is even more vulgar than a dan dagastino amplifier. They take kitsch to a new level. They 'lift' vulgarity out of the gutter and deposit it firmly in the septic tank.

Top Bottom