• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Chronosonic-XVX-Cranberry-Pearl-Cove-2___responsive_1134_1512.jpg

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
This is the most beautiful speaker in the world, and I'm sticking to it! :cool:

F927E8FE-2477-42B8-9016-50692E7D14AA.jpg

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
This thread has got me thinking. Probaly useless thoughts to all others than myself, but it's nice to do some inner exploration once in a while :p

99% of all "sculptural" speakers I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. They remind me of that episode of Friends where Joey becomes wealthy and buys all of the most ridiculous "modern" interior decoration he can get his hands on.

I do like the look of some of those that aim for absolute minimalism. For instance these:
omnidirektionel-smuk-haandlavet-hoejttaler-dansk-modern-design-davone-mojo-lounge.jpg

All of the speakers I'd like to own would be an eyesore to me in some minor degree or another, but I don't mind sacrificing a bit of aesthetics in the name of form-follows-function, as long as it doesn't become the dominant feature.

The most beautiful speakers would probably be some Dayton Audio exciters on the back of some nice artwork :D

Feanor

Forum Donor
I'm not a fan of painted MDF speakers. I like to see a nicely finished wood veneer.
You're gonna to tell me you hate my DIY effort ...
1604234930147.png

... Well FINE. I would have preferred a piano gloss finish, but this was the best I could do.

paddycrow

Forum Donor
You're gonna to tell me you hate my DIY effort ...
View attachment 90638

... Well FINE. I would have preferred a piano gloss finish, but this was the best I could do.

Hate is an extreme word. Being a woodworker, it's simply that I prefer objects made from nicely finished hardwood when it comes to my personal space.

Top Bottom