• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

steve59

Major Contributor
b-Grand-Tower-%E9%8F%A1%E9%9D%A2%E9%BB%91%E6%AA%80%E6%9C%A81%E5%B0%8D.jpg

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Agreed. I'm amazed how often high end speaker manufacturers go to lengths to create aesthetically suave designs, and then at the last minute leave all the screws exposed.

One example is the Devore Super Nine speakers - a beautiful speaker whose look is almost ruined (to my eyes) by the inexplicable choice of using exposed SILVER screws the black baffle. So you just can't help but look at the single cheapest element of the speaker! Why, why, why?

Maybe it pleases something in the engineer mind-set to see screws or something.

IMG_9681.JPG
I like how Harbeths are screwed

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I like how Harbeths are screwed

Yeah. Though the Harbeth (which I've owned) are at least designed to be used with the grill on, and the grills fit very neatly. So I prefer the Harbeths with the grills on both sonically and aesthetically. There are very, very few speakers on which I like to see the drivers. But the problem is most high end speakers are designed
to be used without grills, so when the company supplies grills it's more of an afterthought, looking like a band-aid put on, rather than sleekly integrated.

My Joseph speakers have pretty good grills. I'm ok with the look. Though they are designed to sound best without the grills. Fortunately they are one of the few speakers where I like the look of the drivers. I like those SEAS cones, the copper phase plugs, with the copper surround on the tweeter. Looks fairly "lux" to me as open-faced speakers go. And while they do have exposed screws, at least they are black matching the baffle so disappear very easily from my listening distance. Especially when I have the lights down low for listening.

Couple shots:

JOSEPH CLOSE FRONT.jpg

JOSEPH CLOSE SIDE.jpg

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These look nice to me.
Tasteful and elegant - I could live with those floorstanders. Beautiful speakers without the plastic look of high-gloss finish on wood. What model are they?

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
diva02.jpg

These look nice to me.

For me that's a good example of a generally tastefully designed speaker, though with a grill that looks like an afterthought. If the grill were designed flush with the front then it would look much nicer IMO. That said, they do have the leather baffle thing which is a plus if you don't use the grills.

(I also heard that Opera model - or one just like it - sound astonishingly good with a track or two at an audio show. I remember it was surprisingly one of my "wow" moments at that show).

fineMen

Major Contributor
JBL's L300, watch the top glass plate which encourages the significant other to place pleasurable items on it. The rounded edges simplify the veneering, and the woodgrain follows it easy handed. The color sheme is perfect, while I like the painted version even better.

Not the least, the form factor poses a statement. It isn't an icon in itself but a highly functional device with an overt purpose. It shines at you with its slightly slanted baffle, but mildly.

What differentiates it against current designs is the lack of 'wordy' complicated persuation attemps. The modern way is seen with the contemporary JBL M2; superficial quotations of a long outclassed legacy. Maybe it is due to the chit chat of an ever more wacky advertizing today which the visual appearence has to follow.

jbl-l300-2403411.jpg

Last edited:

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
20230223_000506.png

Top Bottom