• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

JiiPee

Simple and elegant. Beautifully finished. Harrin Kaiutin Metso:
hk_metso.jpeg

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Beautifully finished - really? Visible screws and plastic feet? Yellow with red color scheme?

:)

Tovarich007

Well, I thought this thread was about the most BEAUTIFUL speakers? But in the ten last pages, except a few ones, I see only weird monsters with sometimes even more stranger electroacoustic designs (except the Cabasses Sphere and Pelegrina and the Augspurgers and the big TAD or Kinoshita (I can't say they're beautiful, no they're not, but at least they're really well engineered indeed).

But c'mon guys and gals, I want to see BEAUTY and purity of form, NOTHING ELSE matters here !

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am amazed by this interpretation.
You “have a hunch” and “creator going for something looking different” based on what ffs :mad:
Several Wilson Benesch speakers use isobaric bass loading.
I withdraw the statement. Isobaric loading is a thing for Wilson Benesch like horns are a thing for Klipsch. My lack of familiarity with the Wilson Benesch line led me to the wrong conclusion.

G|force

Forum Donor
Taipuu:
taipuu_3tie-2018_1100px.jpg

James Loudspeakers custom if you like steampunk:

518james.2.jpg
I assume the dial gauges measure pressure? Clever! Does the valve with the blue handle on that sweated copper pipe permit pressure regulation between the cabinets it is attached to? I hope it is a globe valve and not a gate but the James engineers that created this probably know what valve to use in speaker cabinets.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
James Loudspeakers custom if you like steampunk:

518james.2.jpg

In a word, yes.

Oswald Mill makes perfectly good (and ironic) steampunk.

The pressure gauge and gate valve on this effort would be funny if ... they weren't so twee. It'll be a while before I can unsee, so I'm going to animate myself sufficiently and reclude these posts via my ignore list. For a bit. Self-defence. Nothing personal. o_O

Last edited:

Wolf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Nick Santorineos built these, and while quirky and hilarious, they are beautiful!

image_94231.jpg

image_94232.jpg

Yes, they do sound great! An RS100/SB14 DIY coaxial in the eye, and a Dayton Designer Series woofer is used in a bandpass that quite literally vents out the posterior.

Top Bottom