• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hate to go off-topic, but I gotta ask, did you actually receive one? what was the order/receive lag?

Muahahaha… no, we don’t have it yet. Ordered in January 2022 and the current estimated delivery date is between January and June of 2024. I have seen two R1Ts around town. At least we still have introductory pricing.

Martin

techsamurai

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Love the colour selection:

kef-blade-acabados.png
They should have more shades of earth tones like gold, green, and blue. They are too electric. The speaker already stands out too much on its own.

techsamurai

Did you post the photos in the wrong order because that blue thing is ghastly. Then again I like our Rivian:
View attachment 271978

Martin
I saw one of these the other day - I've seen the pickup truck but never seen the SUV. They did a great job with it - in fact, it's interesting that they created something that is the complete opposite visually of the Tesla and yet looks very stylish. Do you own one?

techsamurai

Treo_FrontGrille_8034_1.jpg
Treo_BackPlate_8053_1.jpg
Treo_Back_8052_1.jpg

I'm a sucker for light woods and this is a pretty interesting take on a full tower design. It's reminiscent of an obelisk but in a good way. Tapers off at the top, wider base which is great for stability and my speaker nearly killed my 2 year old son so I think all speakers should be designed with extra weight at the base to prevent accidents.

I am planning to have ChatGPT at my next party as MC rapping about life here in the Bay Area. But seriously, I would not care if these speakers measure well or not, I would go with them just because I like them, and I would build my space around them so they might be given a chance to sound good. I would just want to give my TAD horns a good home to retire in peace, is that really so bad?

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
7e6aef39d8e10045fd7c182c2f97d13b.jpg

MBL 101 Extreme. I have heard these speakers and they are a bit too much of a good thing - rather overwhelming. I think the 101's are the sweet spot in the MBL range. But to me the Extremes just look gorgeous in an alien spaceship kind of way.

I know the MBLs are a love it or hate it look, but I've always found their speakers, the 101s in partcular, to be really cool looking. The combo of exotic, mysterious looking technology and super high quality materials and fit and finish turns my crank.

Certainly would be a conversation piece for guests.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I know the MBLs are a love it or hate it look, but I've always found their speakers, the 101s in partcular, to be really cool looking. The combo of exotic, mysterious looking technology and super high quality materials and fit and finish turns my crank.

Certainly would be a conversation piece for guests.
After I saw how they are made I'm not so sure anymore ...
Screenshot_20230403_025609.jpg
Screenshot_20230403_025516.jpg
Screenshot_20230403_025423.jpg

Ra1zel

Ok not sure about beauty here but just look at those absolute monsters. New flagship speaker system from Pitt & Giblin - the same company that I showcased some time ago in this thread.

Huge waveguide that plays from midrange to the very top flanked by two 15 inch midbass drivers, actively driven by Pascal modules and DSP, this top section alone has 1200W of RMS power, then the bottom module is a 21 inch dual opposed infra subwoofer that fires into a cavity, 2200W RMS power for this module.

If you live in a castle and want to play really loud this is most likely what you want to get.
P1093594.jpg

P1093587+1.jpg

P1093602.jpg

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Modernized Dalek?

Top Bottom