• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
16k € & the black and white tops are leather.

NYfan2

Forum Donor
Maybe not suitable for this forum thread but there is some interesting information on Davone's website about the design of the Reference 1:

The baffle edge behind the mid range driver is chamfered to prevent the cavity resonance of the speaker cut out. There are two internal Helmholtz absorbers. One to absorbs the standing wave between cabinet bottom and top and the other to absorb the bass reflex port resonance. The bass reflex port inlet is located in an area where sound pressure of the remaining internal resonances is low. Not only on the inside, but also at the outside. The opening at the top prevents the excitation of the listening room resonance between the floor and ceiling. This seemingly simple measure will be of great benefit in many listening rooms because this room resonance is often not well controlled. And last but not least we chose a corner-less design for the bass port with a large area of 30% of the woofer membrane to prevent port turbulence and to have a linear output also at high signal levels.

LearningToSmile

This was released just recently. Davone Reference One. Something about wide ovoid baffle seems very elegant to me, seems like this could measure very well aswell.

View attachment 271263
Cool looking speaker, and the design seems reasonably sensible. Their older, now seemingly discontinued Davone Grande also looked nice:
grande_living_room.jpg

but didn't measure so well from what I've seen, which might be why it's no longer on their website.

Peterinvan

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

index.php
View attachment 269006
index.php
View attachment 269005
index.php
View attachment 269004

index.php
View attachment 269008
None of these exist. "Most beautiful speakers". Text to image AI from dezgo.com.

The above were generated by Stable Diffusion 2.1. Pretty interesting. Here's a Most Beautiful Integrated Amplifier....

index.php
View attachment 269010

When I chose to render the same text in Vintedois Diffusion the following resulted..
index.php
View attachment 269009

index.php
View attachment 269007

This is interesting. And a little hilarious. It highlights the different approaches, and source "learning" material that various IE image generation models employ. Vintedois seems to be aiming for the sci fi fantasy anime user. That's would seem to be much of what its model has digested from the web and learned from. Hence the more garish and fanciful. And the vaguely facial featured components and unmistakably perky "protuberances" on that last speaker?

Hilarious

Those are so fascinating! Thanks.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Love the colour selection:

kef-blade-acabados.png

And still not a color in there that I'd really want.

(For instance, Magico has a subtle bronze finish that I'd quite like).

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

index.php
View attachment 269006
index.php
View attachment 269005
index.php
View attachment 269004

index.php
View attachment 269008
None of these exist. "Most beautiful speakers". Text to image AI from dezgo.com.

The above were generated by Stable Diffusion 2.1. Pretty interesting. Here's a Most Beautiful Integrated Amplifier....

index.php
View attachment 269010

When I chose to render the same text in Vintedois Diffusion the following resulted..
index.php
View attachment 269009

index.php
View attachment 269007

This is interesting. And a little hilarious. It highlights the different approaches, and source "learning" material that various IE image generation models employ. Vintedois seems to be aiming for the sci fi fantasy anime user. That's would seem to be much of what its model has digested from the web and learned from. Hence the more garish and fanciful. And the vaguely facial featured components and unmistakably perky "protuberances" on that last speaker?

Hilarious

OMG, I'm now at least momentarily addicted to that AI program!

For instance I'm currently designing a speaker base, as well as a volume knob for a remote control, so I can put in all sorts of combinations "black speaker base with gold streaks" or "brass volume knob, wood top" and it spits out these often beautiful renderings!

fineMen

Major Contributor
Cool looking speaker, and the design seems reasonably sensible. Their older, now seemingly discontinued Davone Grande also looked nice:View attachment 271329
but didn't measure so well from what I've seen, which might be why it's no longer on their website.
What these guys miss is the "as easy as possible" attitude. The visual design is as bad as it possibley might get. It is just pretentive, and that was it, full stop.
In case you know anything about speaker design, or music (Al Di Meola).

'Hope I didn't hurt you. Most probably the artifacts are prohibitely priced anyway ...

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

egellings

Major Contributor
Focal has much better colors
How are you fixed for Blades? (a shaving commercial line). I think it was Gillette, maybe might have been Schick, I am not sure which. I liked Gillette's theme song, which was played during their commercials on televised boxing matches.

Last edited:

frascati

OMG, I'm now at least momentarily addicted to that AI program!

For instance I'm currently designing a speaker base, as well as a volume knob for a remote control, so I can put in all sorts of combinations "black speaker base with gold streaks" or "brass volume knob, wood top" and it spits out these often beautiful renderings!
AI generally, especially in LLMs like chatgpt and text to image models, is exploding right now. Every week now they offer up something astonishingly new, and/or deeply unsettling. I think the only people who are not actively discussing them right now have simply not met them yet. Maybe the amazement will wear off, or maybe not for quite a while.

Last edited:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A "Most Beautiful" designation is always going to frustrate 10 percent of us. Its the nature of "taste".

Asking a random sampling of one hundred people which of the following vehicles is the more beautiful I'm pretty confident that 90 of them would say it's the second one

View attachment 268272
View attachment 268276

So make of that what you will. But I find a similar bias in the speaker designs I commonly find described as notably beautiful. I suspect, even before clicking on the link that I'm going to see more of the second value expressed than the first image above. How to make it even-more-beautiful? Add more bling! Chrome! Sculpted facets! Spaceship lenses.

Did you post the photos in the wrong order because that blue thing is ghastly. Then again I like our Rivian:
rivian.png

Martin

Last edited:
Top Bottom