• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I rather like the look of the Magico M series speakers.
50A0DF9B-F6BC-4E54-A085-869CDA90207A.jpeg

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
scandinavian is usually good

Ah, Davone. Love many of their designs. Not the cheapest, but honestly reasonable for something made in Denmark with such complex bent ply enclosures and attention to detail like custom trim rings, as well as good SB/Scanspeak drivers.

1604242678570.png

This is a favourite. I am partial to Audiosolutions of Lithuania as well:

1604242833455.png

That's a milled waveguide. The neat thing is that the waveguide is milled into a removable sub-baffle. So the grille is actually another similar waveguide sub-baffle just with cloth stretched over it, avoiding the diffraction problems of most grille frames (assuming the seam between baffle and sub-baffle is sufficiently tight):

1604242976406.png

You just swap out the sub-baffles as you desire. I thought it was a pretty clever and elegant solution in a speaker that didn't cost that much considering its boutique provenance.

paddycrow

Forum Donor
I rather like the look of the Magico M series speakers.
View attachment 90649

I concur, although pricing puts them way out of my reach. And they are heavy, the M3 in your picture tips the scales at 320 pounds. The M2 is the closest to being practical at 165 pounds, if that term can even apply to a speaker priced above $50K.

Feanor

Forum Donor
Hate is an extreme word. Being a woodworker, it's simply that I prefer objects made from nicely finished hardwood when it comes to my personal space.
I admire and respect fine cabinet workmanship. I simply don't have the skill, space, or tools to do it myself.

Katji

Major Contributor
Yes [to the new Genelecs.] Just not the Isopod/whatever stands. Thread I was looking at a day or two ago, really showed them well.
But maybe because they're Genelec. My first impression, the first time I saw pics of them, was not good, because some cheap crappy pro audio speakers have baffles like that.

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I concur, although pricing puts them way out of my reach. And they are heavy, the M3 in your picture tips the scales at 320 pounds. The M2 is the closest to being practical at 165 pounds, if that term can even apply to a speaker priced above $50K.
Oh, of course I’ll never own a pair, but they are pretty. I like the m3 the best of the series for looks.

paddycrow

Forum Donor
The beauty of a particular design is highly subjective. I am prepared to purchase a design that has many detractors, the B&W 803 D3 in rosenut finish. When I first saw pictures of the 800 series, I thought they were ugly. Seeing them in person changed my mind and the Art Deco styling has grown on me.

Top Bottom