• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

DonDish

Yes, it is odd that Audio Research chose to mismatch the colors of the OLEDs in comparison to their VU meters lights (i.e. green vs. blue).
I wonder if they are configurable. In any case, the Audio Research frontplates are gorgeous as always.
I dont think founder Bill Johnsson worried so much about looks. I think it was more of a practical design.

Gary_G

images.jpg
images (1).jpg

Bandwidth Audio 288

JiiPee

I absolutely adore the look of DIMD PP-10.
DIMD_PP10_C.jpeg

If only the sound quality would be at the same level... but apparently, that's too much to hope for. Based on published info it appears to be fairly typical small tube amplifier with a rather high THD and high output impedance :(

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I first saw it many years ago, I was pretty bowled over by the Luxman receiver series. I was never really tempted to buy one, (I was already into separates).

The series can standard with the wood (or wood-grained) cabinets. I loved the symmetric positioning of the tuning knob. The pics are of the Luxman R-1120:

blog-luxman%2BR1120-01.jpg

Luxman-R-1120.jpg

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to admit I kind of like the looks of darTZeel and Dan D'Agostino stuff, though I'd never allow it in my system.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I can't imagine giving my child such a disgusting name(yes, the original company's founder was named... .. 'Halcro').
My name is Sue, How do you do?
Now your gonna die.
LOL

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
AIYIMA-TPA3255-Bluetooth-Power-Amplifier-VU-Meter-Amplifier-2-0-Stereo-HiFi-Amplificador-APTX-LL-Speaker.jpg_220x220.jpg_.webp

This one is somewhat cute & easy on the wallet. Has anyone on ASR put one on of these to the test yet?

Bleib

Major Contributor

DonDish

When I first saw it many years ago, I was pretty bowled over by the Luxman receiver series. I was never really tempted to buy one, (I was already into separates).

The series can standard with the wood (or wood-grained) cabinets. I loved the symmetric positioning of the tuning knob. The pics are of the Luxman R-1120:

blog-luxman%2BR1120-01.jpg

Luxman-R-1120.jpg
The wood here is palisander/rosewood. They should bring more wood into designs I think. With these old japanese devices its a nice balance and absolutely not overdone. s-l1600.jpg This is "pale moon ebony" pew! My personal favourite. Price of this makes rosewood seem cheap :eek: This wood isnt CITES(threatened) listed like all species of rosewoods.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
No they shouldn't! Wood on amps reminds me of this:

7d47594cac061249a11a8d6b595a5114.jpg
Can you dig it? Wooo!
My dad bought on of these in 1972.:
1971-ford-torino-squire-right-front.jpg

It was built on a truck frame with car drum brakes that had to be turned every six months for Pennsylvania inspection.

Top Bottom