• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

More wisdom from Paul McGowan

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This might be up here somewhere already but,
Just started reading around on the web that PS Audio is closing their dealer network and going to Direct Sales only.
A bit of a surprising move to me for such an established manufacturer?
In an email from Erie, CO dealer The Music Room I received this,

"Special PS Audio Announcement
As many of you may have heard, as of September 16th we will no longer be representing PS Audio as an authorized dealer. They have decided to take their business to a fully direct-sales-only model. We fully support their strategic decision, and will continue to help them grow their highly successful trade-in program."

valkeryie

I sure am glad ol' Uncle Paul is back with a video to pull more nonsensical statements out of his ass. I cannot imagine being the type of person to whom his ol' country salesman style appeals.

Do old audiophiles trust his down-home style? Do they break (corn)bread with him at Cracker Barrel and talk about power conditioners?

I'm sure his memoir is one heckuva read. I was actually entertained by the downhill trajectory in his little gallery of glory wall photos, visible if you scroll down: Elton John, Cat Stevens, Arnie Nudell, Harry Pearson, Herb Reichert, and so on.

[Signed by the embarrassed former owner of some Genesis loudspeakers that broke, with no replacement parts available from Genesis or anywhere else. Fortunately, Genesis speakers are sought after in China, and a guy from Flushing drove to my apartment with a wad of $100s to buy them off of me to ship to China for spares. I was briefly worried that the cash was counterfeit, but I deposited it at the bank without incident.]
Love your commentary - I could NOT AGREE MORE. Goofball is a conman and not much else.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just started reading around on the web that PS Audio is closing their dealer network and going to Direct Sales only.

As many of you may have heard, as of September 16th we will no longer be representing PS Audio as an authorized dealer. They have decided to take their business to a fully direct-sales-only model. We fully support their strategic decision, and will continue to help them grow their highly successful trade-in program."
Wonder if they plan on price reduction since there is no middleman and no dealer services? Oh, silly me, why of course not.

rodrigaj

PS Audio has always had direct sales with a no question 30 day return policy

But here is the point - you could always routinely find an online authorized dealer who would discount 30% off of the MSRP but not so easy return. So if you were sure of what you wanted, it made no sense to buy directly from them.

nuxv

It is his engaging style and story telling ability that make him an exceptional salesman. I think most of the golden eared youtubers would be interesting to have a drink with but like many with exceptional people skills they are using them for evil.
agreed to all of the above, but gotta admit that the first 5 seconds of his vid (below) did give me a major chubbie:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Someone posted a video where he mentioned ASR. Nice to be on the radar.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
agreed to all of the above, but gotta admit that the first 5 seconds of his vid (below) did give me a major chubbie:
I'd love an opportinity to listen to his modernized IRS V's !
Back in the day, one of the downtown Chicago hifi stores was a Infinity dealer.
I was able to demo a pair of the little brother IRS Betas. They were an awesome system though limited in how loud they could play.
irs-beta-0-infinity.jpg

Last edited:

rodrigaj

Didn't PS Audio just recently introduce a new speaker line based on the Nudell design? I would think he would be showcasing the top of the line PS Audio Speakers in that listening room.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Didn't PS Audio just recently introduce a new speaker line based on the Nudell design? I would think he would be showcasing the top of the line PS Audio Speakers in that listening room.
Not that I'm aware of. Just checked the web site, nothing there?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

rodrigaj

Yeah, Octave was supposed to be released in Dec 2018. Still not here, one year later. Product release dates for PS Audio are almost always illusionary.

Fledermaus

Forum Donor
I remember watching a PMcG video where he was talking about his speaker voicing process, and saying that a flat frequency response curve was not his goal, rather some euphonic dip in the mid-highs... So expect what you feel like expecting. as long as it's not neutrality.

Top Bottom