• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

More sorts of testing with subjective input?

Tks

Major Contributor
http://soundexpert.org/home

Has anyone seen this site? The fellow that runs the place seems to have an interesting approach. A decent amount of material that also explains the ordeal.

The site itself is a little basic (I actually like this, as opposed to these godforsaken script heavy sites that bog down even my nearly 5.0Ghz desktop with a few tabs open). There about-page explains some of the methods in action here for those interested

I particularly like the graphical representation of the results. And speaking of results, if you're having trouble reading some of them, here is a basic diagram

Anyone else have thoughts?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
That site has been up for 15 years...

I initially thought it was new, based on the minimal activity.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks to be a variation on null testing or difference testing with some added stuff to correlate it to subjective listening judgment. With a goal of determining what level of difference is effectively the same for human listeners. pkane's Deltawave works pretty well though it hasn't been subjectively put to a curve of difference levels. It works very well to tell you what difference there is between two files.

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Interesting! Would be nice if this also could be combined with a psycho-acoustical model that would plot the results relative to the ear masking threshold level.

Top Bottom