• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

More Rob Wattisms

JRG1488

By being "used in studio" , I was referring to being used in the recording process or somewhere in the production chain, not just monitoring/playback. For monitoring/playback all whats needed is a dac with audibly transparent sound which i'm sure the hugo 2 has like many much cheaper dacs.

I found the full article where that extract from and it looks like nothing more than a paid product endorsement.

Music1969

Major Contributor
By being "used in studio" , I was referring to being used in the recording process or somewhere in the production chain, not just monitoring/playback. For monitoring/playback all whats needed is a dac with audibly transparent sound which i'm sure the hugo 2 has like many much cheaper dacs.

I found the full article where that extract from and it looks like nothing more than a paid product endorsement.

Sorry, I find it hard to follow some of your points.

To be much clearer, you are talking about A-to-D converters? Rob Watts doesn't have one on the market....

It's coming though (primarily for the Pro world he says) and he says it will be state of the art - "Davina"....

Last edited:

JRG1488

Sorry, I find it hard to follow some of your points.

To be much clearer, you are talking about A-to-D converters? Rob Watts doesn't have one on the market....

It's coming though (primarily for the Pro world he says) and he says it will be state of the art - "Davina"....

No still talking about dacs but in the specific situation a studio might have a mix of digital and analogue equipment and needs to convert from digital to analogue.

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You have to admit "Watt" is pretty much one of the perfect sir names to have in the hifi biz :)

Top Bottom