• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

More design details about Khadas Tone Board

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I could design a case and share the file. It takes a bit of time and effort though. Would be nice to know how many people are interested.
Count me in.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I would like input as to what it should look like. Maybe modeling it off of other good looking electronics gear. Think I should make a new topic for this?
Yes make a new thread for it, it will be a asset to us too as well as a kindness to those in need on a box for this excellent board.

ILovePhonon

@Ben1987 @willow Can I screw the Tone Board directly to the base of your DIY case if I take out the middle plastic part? The VIM and the Toneboard seem to have similar screw location

Last edited:
OP
Ben1987

Ben1987

Audio Company
Can I screw the Tone Board directly to the base of your DIY case if I take out the middle plastic part? The VIM and the Toneboard seem to have similar screw location
Maybe you can see this post from https://forum.khadas.com/t/how-i-ruin-my-khadas-tone-board-along-with-vims-board/2568
tone+diy case.png

ILovePhonon

Thanks, ordered one board and one diy case from Aliexpress this week. I’ll see what I can do to fit the Tone Board in the case without the VIM. I will post pictures when my both the board and the case is here. Looks like I’m gonna need to find my own pcb spacers. Anyone know what the bottom screw cap thingy (the ones at the tip of the case feet) might be called in the shop?

Last edited:

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
In the meantime, would these undrilled/raw "cases" suffice: a wooden box.

willow

Thanks, ordered one board and one diy case from Aliexpress this week. I’ll see what I can do to fit the Tone Board in the case without the VIM. I will post pictures when my both the board and the case is here. Looks like I’m gonna need to find my own pcb spacers. Anyone know what the bottom screw cap thingy (the ones at the tip of the case feet) might be called in the shop?
if you require such as these kind of screws please feel free to let me know.
1542290444568.png

litguy

come from China, will you sell the board on taobao ?
I think it's convinent for user from china, like us
will you have plan to make product, instead of only a board ?
will it equipped with toslink in later version ?

helloworld

come from China, will you sell the board on taobao ?
I think it's convinent for user from china, like us
will you have plan to make product, instead of only a board ?
will it equipped with toslink in later version ?
They do sell in taobao, their store name is khadas开发板

wiljen

I'd be in a for a couple of cases if you make them available. I'd love to see something brushed aluminum but figure a 3d printed version might be more economical.

D

Deleted member 3566

Same. Put it in a simple, black, aluminium box, or any simple box for that matter, and it's an instant buy from me.

Top Bottom