• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop SSP comparison and recommendation, earphone with similar fit

Oluv's Buddy

I bought the Moondrop SSR but returned it because there was something quite wrong with it. I had to ratch the volume to the same level as the Senn HD560s to get some sound out of it so I returned.

I liked it because of the comfortable fit as though you have nothing in your ear at all. I want to try the Moondrop SSP as it supposedly has more bass, or tuned to Western listening preferences.

What kind of sound signature is it close to? For those in the same price range I've got the Tin T2, Fiio FD1 and FH1s. I've also got a Fiio FH3 but that is on a different level.

How does the Moondrop SSP compare to these, and its brother the SSR? I never got round to checking SSR well enough, and I don't like doing returns which don't include postage. That SSR was from China.

The fit is really my main preference. I don't mind checking out other earphones if they have a similar fit to the SSP and SSP. What other smaller earphones do guys recommend?

LearningToSmile

For the fit, the most comfortable pair I tried was Final Audio E3000(and E4000 and E5000 that have the same shape, just detachable cable and different tuning - recommend to go with one of those as cable was what failed on my E3000). I bought them because I wanted something that's able to be worn with the cable straight down, and while in the end I wore them over ear, if you want you can use them either way. As for how good the sound was, well, it was the thing that turned me from a casual music listener to a guy who hangs out on ASR, so yeah, pretty good.

I've also had Moondrop Spaceship which is even smaller, but requires deeper fit while being very hard to actually put in due to the slick shape, and I can't recommend at all. Not comfortable to wear or use, and if you don't use it inserted all the way, it sounds like crap too.

Top Bottom