• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Lab

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Aye, but good luck listening to the 305s on the train .

YMMV, but I think I'm better served by cheaper ANCs with that 70dB+ ambient noise.

I also don't commute much on public transport these days, so the utility of expensive IEMs for my case is really small.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
YMMV, but I think I'm better served by cheaper ANCs with that 70dB+ ambient noise.

I also don't commute much on public transport these days, so the utility of expensive IEMs for my case is really small.
Merely pointing out comparing speakers to iems is largely without merit. I'm not sure anyone that can accommodate and wants speakers would choose any iem over the speaker option.

asrUser

It's ridiculous how expensive small things like IEM can be!

markanini

Major Contributor
It's ridiculous how expensive small things like IEM can be!
Pretty much all goods are offered in premium variants if there's a demand for it. I'm more impressed by how Moondrop led the charge of putting out well tuned IEMs, and over time very affordably. Today one of their subsidiaries Truthear has the Hola for $20. Not enough has been said about Moondrops impact. I remember how reasonably tuned IEMs was a rarity or non existent before Moondrop disrupted the market.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Merely pointing out comparing speakers to iems is largely without merit. I'm not sure anyone that can accommodate and wants speakers would choose any iem over the speaker option.
I have a dedicated listening room for audio, treated acoustics and with large speakers, and I still own and love my IEMs for times when there is a storm and lightnings (danger of electrical surges that would damage the electronics), or when electricity is cut, or when I am away from home, or if I am lazy and just want to listen to music lying in bed, etc. Many use cases for IEMs here.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a dedicated listening room for audio, treated acoustics and with large speakers, and I still own and love my IEMs for times when there is a storm and lightnings (danger of electrical surges that would damage the electronics), or when electricity is cut, or when I am away from home, or if I am lazy and just want to listen to música lying in bed, etc. Many use cases for IEMs here.
Oh, I totally agree. 2 entirely different product types for mostly different use cases.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Aye, but good luck listening to the 305s on the train .
No obstacles for real audiophiles :p

mann-mit-lautsprecher-auf-seine-schultern-ist-klang.jpg

charleski

Major Contributor
Been using the Moondrop lan for a week now (walking the dog every day) and I have to say I really like them. I wasn't expecting anything massively special, just something that avoided the technical deficiencies of the 7Hz Zero they replaced (which clogged a filter after a few months and proved impossible to clean completely). But the Moondrop lan is proving to be quite beguiling - not quite as good as my full-sized planars at home, but sufficiently satisfying that I don't feel the difference that much. I have them EQ'd to Harman in Wavelet with an extra +3dB to the bass below 70Hz, because I generally like more bass with an IEM.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So the Blessing 3 is shoutier and less bass than the Dusk. To me it's a pass.

graph (8).png

And with the new fancy 5128 and sloped diffuse field target.

graph (9).png

Last edited:
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

charleski

Major Contributor
Silver plated hook up wire is not that expensive, but the plating is probably not that thick TBH.
Three times the price:
vs
SPC is needed for Teflon insulation, but earphone wire isn’t going to be getting all that hot… Tinned wire is a cheap way to add some bling (for those who think silver is special) as well as provide corrosion resistance.

Top Bottom