• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Lab

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First official picture of the Blessing 3. 2DD+4BA and price still not disclosed, assuming around 300usd like the former.

There are already graphs in the squigs from the prototype called Project Red, a collab with Crinacle.
Nice scoop! So this the the famous project red then?

1679569265258.png

Any guesses as to how it might sound?

staticV3

Master Contributor
So this the the famous project red then?
Only speculation at this point afaik. Project Red could be something else entirely.
I certainly hope so as there's no way those humongous housings of the B3 can fit in my tiny ears :(

Moonhead

Any of you Good people that can recommend an neutral iem with small shells?
Im arguing with myself whether to get nc700 or hexa, kato or blessing because tinnitus.

Last edited:
I can recommend the FiiO JD7, top tier tuning, lightweight small shell with very high build quality (compared to many other sub 100$ IEMs).
Only annoyance is the stock cable, its very stiff.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Only speculation at this point afaik. Project Red could be something else entirely.
I certainly hope so as there's no way those humongous housings of the B3 can fit in my tiny ears :(
Confirmation enough for me below. :)

print.jpg

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Im arguing with myself whether to get nc700 or hexa, kato or blessing because tinnitus.
Start with a 7Hz Salnotes Zero for less than 20 usd and see how you like them. Shells are small.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Cant comment on nc700. Hexa is OK but I had an issue with mine (something happened to the filter nozzle inserts, liaising with retailer to resolve), can get decent fit with right tips. Blessings might be too big for your ears, they are not small! Kato is terrible to keep secure in my ears, heavy shell, balance all wrong. All 3 are fine sounding when fitted right, the question is comfort /integrity of seal.

markanini

Major Contributor
Rumors say it's 2DD, at least measures like one, that would go against expectations for a Blessing 2 follow-up.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Or that he's just a fan of the Blessing series and excited for the new version.
Doesn't really matter either way, the B3 hype train starts here

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Rumors say it's 2DD, at least measures like one, that would go against expectations for a Blessing 2 follow-up.
They already confirmed 2DD+4BA.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kato shells are awkward, I find them too large to get a good seal with the stock tips, replaced the tips which got sufficient grip on the ear canal to hold them in. They sound lovely now though. Chu is neutral and tiny.

Moonhead

Thx gents
Seems like most Moondrop have big shells, where aiming at blessing but surely a no go for me. 7hz zero, Chu or hexa for now!
Sorry for polluting thread.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1679771151601.png

My money is on 4Dv x Crinacle Red.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
From headfi. The plot thickens lol.

Now I wonder what Project Red actually is.

0072IByLly1hcca71b248j32v32rfqv5.jpg

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
As mainly a speaker guy, I briefly tested B:2 Dusk. Very smooth non-sibilant treble, somewhat lacking in bass.

However, I don't think they are worth their $400 against a pair of 305p in the best sweet spot.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
As mainly a speaker guy, I briefly tested B:2 Dusk. Very smooth non-sibilant treble, somewhat lacking in bass.

However, I don't think they are worth their $400 against a pair of 305p in the best sweet spot.
Aye, but good luck listening to the 305s on the train .

Top Bottom