• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Lab

MacClintock

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That is not the point - not even close. It might be true that headphone problem might also be a solved one. But what alumnicesar and you don't seem to understand is that this is a hobby - not everybody is in a rush to buy the cheapest, good sounding headphone and call its quits. It is like going to classic car forum and telling them why don't you all buy KIA EV9. Might be correct in some sense, but most certainly not wise.
Your analogy is completely off. I am not saying that there will be no future products or sales, quite the opposite. Just that for pure sound quality improvement, there is for cabled, passive IMEs probably not too much improvement to be expected, as we reached a very high level already. But there might be collectors of vintage IEMs as well.

Last edited:

TK750

Just released their new flagship over ear, the 'Cosmo' - $899 Planar

moondrop-cosmo-flagship-100mm-nanoscale-ultra-thin-planar-driver-headphone-hifigo-cosmo-565531_700x700.jpg

67ab3d930c76272fea12af87c91e68b3.jpg

e0d4a59edf9c5fe1ea6d66579c4f9cf9.jpg

No point me copy and pasting all the promo pictures/info, the rest can be found on hifigo or shenzhenaudio (and I'm sure plenty of other places too)

Last edited:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just released their new flagship over ear, the 'Cosmo' - $899 Planar

68a64362e442c9abc0f0e0ea5ab95260_23c0cfee-ba06-4690-87d2-62d80231313d_700x700.jpg

67ab3d930c76272fea12af87c91e68b3.jpg

e0d4a59edf9c5fe1ea6d66579c4f9cf9.jpg

No point me copy and pasting all the promo pictures/info, the rest can be found on hifigo or shenzhenaudio (and I'm sure plenty of other places too)

I find it a bit funny that the marketing material talks about how amazing the driver tech is for 2 full pages, yet their flagship headphone fails to comply with their own house target curve. What good is driver tech if it can not achieve the tuning you want?

Should that tell us something about Moondrop's marketing approach, or their perception of the buying process of their target audience?

Last edited:

MacClintock

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I find it a bit funny that the marketing material talks about how amazing the driver tech is for 2 full pages, yet their flagship headphone fails to comply with their own house target curve. What good is driver tech if it can not achieve the tuning you want?

Should that tell us something about Moondrop's marketing approach, or their perception of the buying process of their target audience?
Yeah, that was also the first thing that caught my attention. Already their target curve, this VDSF, has quite low bass levels, but this new "flagship" headphone apparently even less. Why? I know planar headphones have usually at least a flat extension in the bass, this one even slopes down considerably. It behaves more like a dynamic driver.

Last edited:
Top Bottom