• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Chu

Chyżwar

Compared to the ER4XR, these Chu sound a little brighter, colder, and have this annoying peak around 14kHz (like the Aria, Starfield). Nice for $ 20, but not that great.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Aria Snow Edition is supposed to follow the same VDSF tuning as the Chu, more refined highs are the original, white case, different cable and spring tips.

fr.jpg

wacomme

Would the Chu's work well for sports? Do they still in the ear well? Can they handle sweat?

raif71

Major Contributor
Would the Chu's work well for sports? Do they still in the ear well? Can they handle sweat?
I guess figuratively, I wouldn't say no sweat but literally, no sweat should be near it ;)

wacomme

Basically, what I'm asking in regards to sports, are the Chu's durable and able to withstand some abuse, and are they able to stay in the ears with a lot of movement?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Basically, what I'm asking in regards to sports, are the Chu's durable and able to withstand some abuse, and are they able to stay in the ears with a lot of movement?
I'd say not. They have the fixed cable which I suspect is a weak point if active. But the shells are small enough to can tuck them into the curve of your ear more than larger iem

Astojab

I like them more than my NC400 for biking and jogging. They are so small that they create a lot less windnoise. So far I havent had any problems with them staying in my ears. As said the cable might be a weakspot though.

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
I'd say not. They have the fixed cable which I suspect is a weak point if active. But the shells are small enough to can tuck them into the curve of your ear more than larger iem
That is hugely a subjective mather. They don't stay securely in my ears nearly as good as the B2D does.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That is hugely a subjective mather. They don't stay securely in my ears nearly as good as the B2D does.
I wouldn't recommend any iem without actual hooks for exercise to be honest.

RHO

Major Contributor
I wouldn't recommend any iem without actual hooks for exercise to be honest.
It's not the absence of the hooks, but the shape, angle and length of the nozzle that's all wrong for me.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not the absence of the hooks, but the shape, angle and length of the nozzle that's all wrong for me.
Oh, I get that. I mean generally iem and bouncing around isn't a good mix for me

wacomme

Would you use your B2D for exercise and sports? I have the 7Hz Timeless, but I'm thinking of getting something a little cheaper for exercise and sports. I don't want to ruin the Timeless in short order.

RHO

Major Contributor
Oh, I get that. I mean generally iem and bouncing around isn't a good mix for me
I can play VR games with the B2D and KZ DQ6. But no, I wouldn't use IEMs for anything more active than that.
Would you use your B2D for exercise and sports? I have the 7Hz Timeless, but I'm thinking of getting something a little cheaper for exercise and sports. I don't want to ruin the Timeless in short order.
Yes, if you really want to use IEMs for sports I would use something cheaper. For me the KZs fit me really secure. Many KZs are quite cheap.

wacomme

Yes, if you really want to use IEMs for sports I would use something cheaper. For me the KZs fit me really secure. Many KZs are quite cheap.
Do you like the KZs more than the CHUs? Both are similarly priced for cheap iems to use for sports.

RHO

Major Contributor
Do you like the KZs more than the CHUs? Both are similarly priced for cheap iems to use for sports.
No, provided I can get the Chu to seal well, it sounds much better than the DQ6.
Maybe there are KZ models that sound better. I have to investigate that (looking for some cheap ones to use with my VR headset.).

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought a pair of these for what I thought would be a fun and cheap exercise to see how far things have come, but I ended up spending twice the cost of the IEMs experimenting on different tips to make them fit properly. :facepalm:

I settled on Comply TX-500s

edahl

I got mine last week and they lasted a grand total of a few days before the left channel crapped out on me.

reasons

Any tricks on how to keep wires behind your ears? Soon as I turn my head, the wire on the opposite side of where I’m looking comes off.

Top Bottom