• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Chu alternatives

sea

hey all,
first time posting so please pardon me if this isn't the right area for this kinda thing
I'm looking for a pair of IEMs that sound similar to moondrop chu, doesn't have to be from them.
really like these iems, but some issues:
- their filters are super sensitive to humidity, I live near the ocean so they end up lasting about 2 weeks before i get some noticeable channel imbalance.
- the cable sucks, doesn't keep it's shape well and likes to tie knots into itself whenever i so much as blink at them lmao

budget being around 100, i would like to get something that:
- sounds similar to the chu
- not super sensitive to conditions, can be tossed around etc
- removable cable would be nice!

appreciate any help! thanks from this iem noob :D
(also if anyone has experience with fixing the chus please let me know, i'm pretty close to just yanking the filter out and using them without lol)

staticV3

Master Contributor
Here are some options:
graph (13).pnggraph (12).pnggraph (11).pnggraph (10).pnggraph (9).pnggraph (8).png

Out of these, the current darling of the IEM world is the Truthear Hexa.

OP
S

sea

thank you for the suggestions! Probably gonna pick up the truthears zeros. I like the blingy looks of moondrop but the experience I had with the chu kinda put me off from them. not sure which models have that issue with humidity and the filter either, so I'll stay away until I can find info on that problem.

on another note: I removed the filters on my chus and the channel imbalance was fixed, but it's way too harsh for my ears now. it's pretty fun to listen to for the first 10 mins though :p

Top Bottom