• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Blessing 3 Review

oscar_dziki

I have both and will probably continue rotating B3 → Letshuoer S12 → TCZ because I enjoy the different qualities the three IEMs bring to my enjoyment of recorded music. The TCZ is a wonderful all-rounder, but I find that the B3, and to a lesser extent the S12, add a new dimension to the listening experience. I can't comment on the measured performance, but subjectively the B3 excels in clarity and definition. Listening to some of my favourite tracks, in many genres from classical to rock, I can pick up subtle nuances that I never noticed before. On tracks where I thought that, for example, three guitars were playing in the background, I can now hear four. Clearer reproduction of vocals has helped me decipher slurred lyrics that have puzzled me for decades.
Lol, i have the same thing when listening on DC Stealths. Now I can understand some of what eddie vedder is singing:) But I know what you mean.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Probably meant B2
For Blessing 3, Audio-Brightmoon has two of them listed open box right now. Their price isn't a big discount, but they are starting to show up. I did a completed sales search, and you're right, the 200 bean price was the B2.

ronnzi

I’m new to the IEM scene. My first pair was the 7hz Salnotes Zero, which I love. I listen to them with my iPhone via the Apple dongle, and for music I apply the “increase bass” EQ setting for the Apple Music app, which sounds great to me (they’re a little bright sounding to me otherwise).

I’m itching for an upgrade and decided to pull the trigger on the Moondrop Blessing 3 as my first more expensive IEM.

How will they compare to the Salnotes Zero? Will they likely sound good with the same bass increase setting I’m using now? (I wish Apple had better EQ abilities…). I’m not a bass head at all. While I tend to prefer a slight bass boost, vocals and overall clarity without brightness is definitely my priority.

Thank you!

OP
Cuckoo Studio

Cuckoo Studio

Reviewer
I’m new to the IEM scene. My first pair was the 7hz Salnotes Zero, which I love. I listen to them with my iPhone via the Apple dongle, and for music I apply the “increase bass” EQ setting for the Apple Music app, which sounds great to me (they’re a little bright sounding to me otherwise).

I’m itching for an upgrade and decided to pull the trigger on the Moondrop Blessing 3 as my first more expensive IEM.

How will they compare to the Salnotes Zero? Will they likely sound good with the same bass increase setting I’m using now? (I wish Apple had better EQ abilities…). I’m not a bass head at all. While I tend to prefer a slight bass boost, vocals and overall clarity without brightness is definitely my priority.

Thank you!
"I checked the frequency response of Salnotes Zero for you. Its frequency response seems to have some similarities with Blessing3, but it appears to be warmer. You can try the sound of Blessing3 first. If you find it too bright, you can add some high-frequency shelving attenuation by yourself. However, you can try to get used to its sound because there is no real issue with it."

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is how Blessing 3 compare to the B2 Dusk, 7Hz Salnotes Zero and the Truthear Zero Red, the last 3 tuned by Crinacle and the B3 apparently was heavily influenced.

I ordered the 2 newer ones (B3, Red) and can't wait to compare all 4 of them.

What the measurements tell so far:
- Red is Dusk without the slight sibilance.
- B3 is 7Hz Salnotes Zero with more even treble/air.

b3 x dusk x 7hz zero x red.png

Last edited:

Fifoumed

Forum Donor
Here is how Blessing 3 compare to the B2 Dusk, 7Hz Salnotes Zero and the Truthear Zero Red, the last 3 tuned by Crinacle and the B3 apparently was heavily influenced.

I order the 2 newer ones (B3, Red) and can't wait to compare all 4 of them.

What the measurements tell so far:
- Red is Dusk without the slight sibilance.
- B3 is 7Hz Salnotes Zero with more even treble/air.

View attachment 287353
Great for the Fq comparaison, thx !
Now let's enquire if the technicality, price and modernity are worth it in favor of the B3 vs B2D, Salnote and Red

Fifoumed

Forum Donor
@Cuckoo Studio I think I'm missing something on your iem reviews, and probable on @amirm's ones too(sorry for that) : IMO on the reviews It's difficult to compare the 3D sounding of the iems, I mean the layering, and maybe the soundstage width. If both LAN and Blessing 3 have very little distorsion and can be EQ to our taste or ref level, and have no spectral decay measurement like for speakers (which may not always have a real-life consequence through), nor harmonic measurements on single frequencies, on which objective measurements can I justif a 300 usd worth buying iem vs a 49 usd one ? o_O

Thx for your explanations and POV :)

Last edited:

Paweł L

Can someone comment on Blessing 3 vs Variations. I think, I like Variations much more.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can someone comment on Blessing 3 vs Variations. I think, I like Variations much more.
Blessing 3 are OK but I have a tingling sensation that you'd like Variations much more ;)

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got a pair of these again tonight, but won't be giving up my daily driver 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 anytime soon over them. Technically very capable, but need EQ and tips make a big difference. Nozzle diameter of the stock tips is 6.5mm and 10mm high. Different sizes range 11-13.5mm outside diameter. Going to visit the tip vault and try for ones with a wider bore. They are good, but with the Truthear Crinnacle Zero Red and especially the 7hz Zero:2 to pick from, the law of diminishing returns is really steep with IEMs now.
With an SMSL DL200 and Topping A30 Pro sitting on it, not detail escapes the Blessing 3. It takes EQ though, the 720hz mids seem a little distant for some singers. the 7khz dip and 8.7khz peak needed a little smoothing out. At this price, the cable should be nicer and more tips though. A .78mm multi-kit cable is $13 on Aliexpress though.
Going to take them on a romp through Destiny 2 and see how they are for gaming :)

Update: Ok I like them a lot better now the left and right cable ends aren't reversed. They're not labeled so going to put a tiny sharpie dot on one side. For gaming the soundstage is excellent, not as large as the Seeaudio Yume II but almost there. Imaging is good, but not as good as the IE600 which are epic accurate. The cable has to go, the hard wire they put on the ear end is causing pain. Budget $30 for nice soft cables like the Arttis 4.4mm which I switched to.

PXL_20240117_025631205.jpg
out.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just got a pair of these again tonight, but won't be giving up my daily driver 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 anytime soon over them. Technically very capable, but need EQ and tips make a big difference. Nozzle diameter of the stock tips is 6.5mm and 10mm high. Different sizes range 11-13.5mm outside diameter. Going to visit the tip vault and try for ones with a wider bore. They are good, but with the Truthear Crinnacle Zero Red and especially the 7hz Zero:2 to pick from, the law of diminishing returns is really steep with IEMs now.
With an SMSL DL200 and Topping A30 Pro sitting on it, not detail escapes the Blessing 3. It takes EQ though, the 720hz mids seem a little distant for some singers. the 7khz dip and 8.7khz peak needed a little smoothing out. At this price, the cable should be nicer and more tips though. A .78mm multi-kit cable is $13 on Aliexpress though.
Going to take them on a romp through Destiny 2 and see how they are for gaming :)

View attachment 342469out.
I suspect the nozzles are like the Blessing2- try Spinfit CP155. A more slender cone than the usual tips but works for me and others on the B2 shape.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I suspect the nozzles are like the Blessing2- try Spinfit CP155. A more slender cone than the usual tips but works for me and others on the B2 shape.
I checked and getting 5.5mm for outside diameter on the nozzle. These are definitely full size and not for smaller ears. Sennheiser IE600 was the most compact, these are the biggest shells. Comfortable though, no hard edges and the tips are a breeze to swap out.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I checked and getting 5.5mm for outside diameter on the nozzle. These are definitely full size and not for smaller ears. Sennheiser IE600 was the most compact, these are the biggest shells. Comfortable though, no hard edges and the tips are a breeze to swap out.
Yup- the nozzles are definitely big- narrow ear canals need not apply but the shell shape sits very well in my ear so the tip doesnt need to carry the weight as it does in smaller shallower fitting IEM.

unpluggged

They're not labeled
They are ;)

I suspect the nozzles are like the Blessing2- try Spinfit CP155.
CP155 are too big (they fit perfectly on the Truthear Hexa, though, and I use them together). CP145, CP100 or W1 are the right nozzle size for the Blessing 3. I tried the CP100 (got them for free with my Blessing 3), the W1 and the Moondrop Springtips with them. I like them all, but lean more towards the W1.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They are ;)

CP155 are too big (they fit perfectly on the Truthear Hexa, though, and I use them together). CP145, CP100 or W1 are the right nozzle size for the Blessing 3. I tried the CP100 (got them for free with my Blessing 3), the W1 and the Moondrop Springtips with them. I like them all, but lean more towards the W1.
They must have narrowed the nozzle from the B2 then. Annoying as when the B3 Dusk comes out I'll have to start the tip rolling hunt all over again .

unpluggged

They must have narrowed the nozzle from the B2 then.
Looks like they did, at least AFAIR from some of the reviews I've seen.

Bow_Wazoo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have now ordered the Blessing 3 as well. I am excited to see, how well it will fare against my current favorite, the Zero 2. After discovering that the presets, created based on a measurement with the Bruel & Kjaer 4260, are much more to my taste, than those measured with the 711, the comparison will be exciting.

Paweł L

Supposedly according to reviews the just released X Crinacles Dawn, not the latest Blessing 3, is the one to go for. A bit warmer and more natural timbre then the B3.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I have now ordered the Blessing 3 as well. I am excited to see, how well it will fare against my current favorite, the Zero 2. After discovering that the presets, created based on a measurement with the Bruel & Kjaer 4260, are much more to my taste, than those measured with the 711, the comparison will be exciting.

You can find out in the link below, it’ll have no sub bass nor mid bass to speak of compared to the Zero 2, and peaky treble between 3khz and 7khz,

Apparently some reviewers say it’s very detailed, that’s code for peaky/harsh and not that enjoyable

Top Bottom