• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Blessing 2 vs Dusk

fotoalan

Based on glowing reviews here and from crinacle, I've pretty much decided to pull the trigger on a Hidizs S9 Pro plus Moondrop Blessing as my endgame travel audio setup.

The "standard" Blessings are currently available through my local Amazon on a Black Friday deal at 266€, versus ordering Dusks via Shenzenaudio would cost 293€ plus whatever EU import duties & taxes get slapped on top of that. Is it likely to be worth my while paying the extra ~30€-plus-whatever for the Dusks?

Additional question: the source will be an iPhone 13. Are there any particular Lightning-to-USB-C cable compatibility or quality issues I need to look out for?

jannek

I owned the dusks and was deeply in love with its sound quality, but had to sell them for comfort reasons - the nozzle is way too big (6,5mm) for my ear canal. So if you have rather small ear canals better don't buy any of them.
Because of identical drivers the technicalities of them should be similar and the frequency response is adjustable by software (I suppose, not knowing the situation for Apple devices, for Android there is "wavelet")

ArthuRScarlet

Dusk is better than normal blessing 2. The bass of Dusk is more close to Harman Target, normal blessing 2 has typical moondrop bass, which imo not so lively.

jmaz87

For anyone that is looking at these I decided to order a pair of dusks from Shenzenaudio and it's been an awful experience... I completely regret taking a chance with these guys they are awful.

I paid via PayPal and they put a hold on the transaction for a few hours (prob cuz I don't buy things from China) but it went through fine. Shenzen literally takes my money and does NOTHING. I had to literally email support a week later to find out they thought I changed my mind or something BS... YOU HAVE THR MONEY
So then they said it could take up to 15 business days ADDITIONAL to my delays... So they don't even have them to sell WTF. I'm not gonna wait a month for a product that says nothing about said delays at time of purchase. I feel like every day I have less grounds with Paypal to dispute so I hate this.

This is why companies like Schiit state the shipping times for EVERY product by it's price. No surprises and that's why they will get my business over exclusive products from topping and moondrop that shenzen has to ruin...

Rant over just wanted to buyer beware since I'm dealing with this right now... Cheers

jmaz87

While I'm happy to hear you had no issues I can't say the same for several other US based customers that I've seen have issues... Maybe it's fine for EU idk but if u read above your experience doesn't excuse mine

aravaioli

I am in the UK and order more from Shenzhenaudio than from local sellers. Deliveries are free, incredibly fast and I never had to pay custom fees once. I certainly recommend them for anyone in Europe. Last purchase were the Moondrop Kato, also highly recommended for the price of 140 GBP: unfortunately I do not have any Blessing model to compare but the frequency response graph is extremely close to the Dusk which costs 100£ more. I am still debating if the Kato or the Final E5000 are my favourite IEMs.

Top Bottom